Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We had the Rural lands poison them, but they didnt get a one. They then wanted to throw it on the top of the land for them to find, but wouldnt let them in case other animals got it instead

Thanks for that Matty, Those boar sure do look like mean buggas. I would be scared stiff. Your dogs seem pleased with themselves. Do they not become more aggresive when involved in that sport?

good skills

I would love to be able to go hunting. but it is to hard for us to find some were we are alowed to. I recon it would b a great rush. enjoy and keep us posted. what type of dogs do u have and how many ? im a dog person my self. :D

disreguard my last coment. i am new to the site and just worked out that there is more than 1 page. all my questions have been answered. but it is good reading. cheers

Onya Kingo ;) Hey Grafton Chic , thats a question that ive been asked alot. The way i see it , is that all dogs are bred for a purpose. Some work cattle , some pull sleds , some hunt and some gaurd. I believe and this is just my belief that a dog that is kept from what it is bred to do is trouble. A dog that is allowed to have his / her freedom and do his job is a more stable animal. Lets take a Blue heeler for example. They are primarily herd dogs. Now what does a Bluey do to people that enter his yard ? He bites them on the ankles. Now , not all Blues do this but they do have a reputation. So in short i believe that a dog that is properly trained and allowed to do his job is a safe animal. my boys adore our dogs and the dogs adore them. My dogs also know our pack order and dont x it. Its a tricky question and some may argue but even a good hard run for your mut is enogh to subdue the hunter within .BUT dogs are dogs and i never fully trust any of them , especially with little kids. Tricky ;) matty
pigs009.jpg

Hey Grafton chick, Matty suggested you join a bow hunters club. Did you know that there's one at Coutts crossing (spelling) south of Grafton.
Been to a couple of shoots (3D target) over the years.
Bloody good fun and very friendly.

Paul

funny and a stupid thing to do

Don't be silly

I once heard the story (Urban myth no doubt) about two blokes going for a shot up the hills, They were going to a property that one of the blokes used to shoot but had recently been sold.

They pulled up at the house to meet the new owners and ask permission to shoot there, old mate jumps out goes over and introduces himself asks the new owner if he can shoot there. No worries seems as you know your way around could you do us a favour?, I have an old cow down just up past the shed could you shoot her for us save me going up there?. The shooter agrees and whilst walking back to his vehicle thinks that he might play a trick on his mate in the Ute. When he gets back to the Ute his mate says "how'd we go?"
"ah no good the blokes a bugger don't worry ill show him" with that they drive out the drive way and up the road when they get to the shed he stops the Ute loads his rifle steps round the corner and BANG shoots the cow that was sick.
At the exact same time there is another BOOM right beside him he spins around to find his mate grinning like an idiot. "what the hell did you do?"
"Shot one of his cows mate I thought if your gunna shoot one ill get one too"
Just be careful. Your mates may be dumber than you think.

HAHAAAHAhahaha!!!
That one had us in hysterics nook!!!
Gr8 thread matty, Ive enjoyd the read n the awesum pix!!
Keep up the gr8 work all u hunters!!
ps: Your opinions concerning the dogs temperaments in relation to 'doin what theyre bred to do' has been put across in a very commendable way!
Kudos 2 u matty!

I agree fully about dogs doing there job, its not fair people keeping working or hunting dogs caged up in little yards and go off at the dog when it digs or chews things, we moved recently and i went 3 months with no hunting, me and dogs went yard crazzy! now things starting to settle again. My dogs live for it as much as i do.
DOGS AND KNIFE, MY WAY OF LIFE!!!!

Your screwed Herpie Boy :lol: Na i dont know but someone will. Call the cops man. they tell you straight up ;)

i got a few mates with guns and they told me not to bother trying,i wont get one.......... oh well ill just keep shooting theres

it just depends on how serious it is tho if it's not that serious they might consider it

heeyyyy matty my fellow grunter hunter and destroyer of all ferals:D fancy u starting this;)

love me dogs and huntin wen the new wife lets me:lol:
heres a tank of a boar i caught with my mates little bully x (mine were off catchin suckers :lol:) couple wks back he went 90kgs and was a cranky bugger he wanted me wen i grabbed him to finish him off:shock: wouldnt have it any other way
will put up some pics of me panlickers tomorrow

tonks

Attachments

• tonks1.jpg
    tonks1.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 218
?

so once the dogs get the pig it might b a few hundred meters? 1km? fair bit of fitnes involved. cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back