Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still waitin for my turn to find a big boar out in the open, it happens to everyone else all mine i have to work hard 4

Yes Graftonchic but you do what you can to protect them. Breastplates and common sense help but you still get some injuries. Ive never lost a dog to a pig yet, touch Dabool's head:lol:

I have seen dogs killed but only came close to loosin one of mine two weeks ago not a good feelin

Hey matty are those arab crosses in first few pics? everyone around here uses big boofy dogs but i try to keep the size down a bit, get through the thick stuff easier. and still have energy once catch the pig too

Na mate. I like smaller dogs too. 35 kg is about my limit.

heres a pic of my brother in law and his dogs, there is one cat amongst all the fox, this is at oaklands on the nsw/vic border

Attachments

• Picture 127.jpg
    Picture 127.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 277
Thanx Kel , thats a top pic. Good to see what one man can do with a gun to the ferals ;)

heres a pic of grunt in action, and a pic of some carp shot with a bow, any other pics are on my other pc which doesnt have a moniter atm

Attachments

• Picture 123.jpg
    Picture 123.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 307
  • P1010015.jpg
    P1010015.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 315
kel, your brother in law get a big thumbs up from me. The property I work on has a huge fox problem. [ & rabbits ] to the point where they will take on day old calves. Twice now in the past 6 months I have found chewed babies out in the paddock, one of which was still alive after having the top of it neck and face eaten & its tail and stomach ripped. I felt phsyically sick when I found them & yes we did destroy the poor calf.

Im mostly into bowhunting these days, but still go out with the shotty or .30-06 if I can find a big enough property. I too know of 1 big old boar that continually evades the inevitable, gonna get that sucka one day, I know there are a whole lotta people after it, and it's the jumpiest pig I've ever come across. Only being able to use a bow in that area doesnt help matters.

If you're after big deer matty go out to the basalt at the towers, there's a few good places out there with some big buggers on them.

Tatelina,
Depends what it is, and what it's heart, lungs, organs look like. Most hunters look for worms, disease, etc. If organs look OK but if temps to high (especially up here) becomes dog food. If clean caught and I know where it comes from it can end up in the freezer. 600kg + of young buffelo makes a cheap 6mths of beef. I make sausages, mince and the better cuts for steaks and roasts.

yea buffalo is nice meat imo i will be going back up to the N.T at the end of this year to go do some more hunting and fishing

No Dabool and dont go there man. Its way to big a topic :rolleyes: Red nut i enquired about the Chital out there and everyone charges now. About $2000 a head :rolleyes: Makes ya wild :evil: Matt

No Dabool and dont go there man. Its way to big a topic :rolleyes:

:lol: Damn right :lol:

Occasionally you can get around the fees if you know who to talk to and where to go, but it doesn't often work for the staggs.

I dont understand when you say hunt with dogs !!! do the dogs track down the pigs & then you shoot them ? or is it like the old fox hunting (which has now been banned here) where the dogs track & kill the pig ?

Na mate. The dogs find them and then hold them and you grab them by the leg to control them. They are dipatched with a knife very quickly , Matt
Friday010.jpg

BoysWeekend027.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back