Anyone Into Metal?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what do people define as metal these days? some people have writen sepultura, then others have writen led zeplin, seriously ***, sepultura is hard core metal, tool is metal (go tool) led zeplin is rock, don't mix the genre up, there's a lot of difference, but seriously you need to add tool to the list.

Early bands such as zep are really hard to classify, they had such a huge influence on the evolution of metal, so i think a lot of people tend to classify them as metal. i agree they're definately more rock but it's a very fine line with earlier bands such as zep, rainbow, etc etc.

i'm more into old school bands, maiden and priest are my all time favs. i followed maiden up the east coast last time they toured \m/
We saw both Sydney shows ( Feb 08 ) then flew over to see both shows in NZ a year later (Feb 09). The first show in Sydney is probably going to go down as my favourite gig of all time, I can't see anyone topping that, not even Maiden themselves.

It IS happening. Sonisphere festivals in Europe.
The Poland, Switzerland, & Czech shows in June are all having the "big four".
The other Sonisphere gigs also look awesome but different line ups.

THERE IS A SATAN

:D

Early bands such as zep are really hard to classify, they had such a huge influence on the evolution of metal, so i think a lot of people tend to classify them as metal. i agree they're definately more rock but it's a very fine line with earlier bands such as zep, rainbow, etc etc.

plus one
Those bands maybe the forefathers of metal, they didnt create the art but were right on its front door of it
Check out the song kashmir the starting riff
And you'll see why some people consider them heavy metal

It also has a lot to do with people who mainly listen to popular music, as they don't know the multitude of genres that we (metalheads) would consider metal.
So when the main stream hears something vaguely heavy
its deemed as metal
IMO

i LOVE my metal. black metal, doom metal, thrash, power metal.... even glam metal (please dont hurt me! haha)

last gig i saw was destroyer 666 in brissy. so good.

lol Glam is great.

The band my boyfriend is in supported D666.. Violent Green.

My neighbour got my into aussie metal as he is in Sadistik execution

Who's your neighbour? i go drinking with Kriss Hades a bit when i'm down that way. he's a champ.

lol Glam is great.

The band my boyfriend is in supported D666.. Violent Green.

They were pretty awesome. hey i think i know who you are. kinda. is your boyfiend the bassist? my mates are mates with Lucus.

They were pretty awesome. hey i think i know who you are. kinda. is your boyfiend the bassist? my mates are mates with Lucus.

They did fine, I reckon their gig before that one was better though.

Yeah, that'd be him. :shock: Now I feel creeped out somebody knows who I am when I don't know who they are. :lol:

They did fine, I reckon their gig before that one was better though.

Yeah, that'd be him. :shock: Now I feel creeped out somebody knows who I am when I don't know who they are. :lol:

haha dont worry i'm not a stalker. :p i just knew the bassist was dating someone called jazz. put 2 and 2 together. hehe. :)

Another band I fell in love with was Strapping Young Lad. I've either missed Devin Townsend, or he's just about on Melbourne's doorstep touring...either way....I won't be going. I'm all concerted out this month :lol:

Just love this one: [video=youtube;LeG-6bpeUkA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeG-6bpeUkA[/video]

Believe it or not I converted to the dark side and blew all my money on....errr....Paramore (shhhhhhh) :lol: ....oh and AC/DC and Porcupine Tree (Very excited about seeing the Porkers :D :p)

Not metal but pretty damned good imo. The great thing about Porcupine Tree is at times there is glimpses of something nasty amongst their songs ;) I urge anyone from Melbourne to crawl into the Palace on Sunday night ;)

[video=youtube;sUnAxegUJu0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUnAxegUJu0[/video]

Last edited:
metal all the way \m/

listen to black, death, melodic death, extreme, power, prog, thrash (saw megadeth nd slayer last oct) really so many genere's and bands that it would take me too long to list.

reading earlier about amon amarth, just getting into it, its pritty much power metal on steriods, with the groals and stuff, but its good and rocks hard

play guitar nd drums

saw megadeth nd slayer last oct
Bet you were disappointed when Araya's voice blew out? My Vic mates were! I saw the Sydney leg of that tour, both bands were unreal!

But the following week was a real headbanger's delight. One of my Vic mates even came up for it, at The Big Top at Luna Park, Slayer did Reign In Blood start to finish.........

\m/ Infamous butcher. ANGEL OF DEATH! \m/

OK, I have to go listen to some Slayer now.

:lol: My god, you've heard of them! They've been around for decades but seem happy to thrive merely on a cult following :D

indeed i do :)
they are pretty awesome :)

fell asleep listening to baroness last night :)
some good stuff right there :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back