Anyone Into Metal?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: My god, you've heard of them! They've been around for decades but seem happy to thrive merely on a cult following :D

Porcupine Tree are awesome. i remember listening to them years ago. :)

Went & saw Ace Frehley last night at the Enmore Theatre, was actually a pretty good show! Pretty good band behind him, & they even threw in a few KISS songs for good measure. Good fun gig.

Iron Maiden
Sabbath/ Ozzy
Led Zep
Motorhead
Pantera
Deep Purple
Where does Rage against the machine fit in coz they rock
Where does the line between hard rock and metal get drawn
Twisted sister
Meatloaf
AC/DC
Poison
Alice Cooper
Warrant
ETC ETC

Hey My kind of music...

ACDC concert 20 th Fed....cant wait:D

Yeah the list above is great with some claassic band like Iron Maiden & Ozzy, some of my other favourites

Trivium
Avenged Sevenfold
Atreyu
Bullet 4 my valentine

Haha i'm at AC/DC as well on Sat night - can't wait

Yeah the list above is great with some claassic band like Iron Maiden & Ozzy, some of my other favourites

Trivium
Avenged Sevenfold
Atreyu
Bullet 4 my valentine

Haha i'm at AC/DC as well on Sat night - can't wait

Cool...:D
I cant wait either, The reviews have been fantastic..
If past concerts are anything to go by, it will be great.

Lots of good footage on You Tube...
Where are you sitting??? Im down the front standing and worried it might rain..

Cool...:D
I cant wait either, The reviews have been fantastic..
If past concerts are anything to go by, it will be great.

Lots of good footage on You Tube...
Where are you sitting??? Im down the front standing and worried it might rain..

Yeah were up the front in arena A or B can't remember (Mosh Pit basicall), we will be close to the action but if it rains well....... we are going to get soaked !!! only less than 2 weeks to go, can't wait !

'i have 1 desire
since i was born
2 see my body ripped and torn
2 see my flesh devoured before my eyes"
- Eaten: blood bath
fark'in luv bloodbath atm, just wish the bitches would tour already, but no are boys are to busy with opeth bla bla bla....

Rosies on a friday night is always good, cheap drinks, ears ringing, heads thrashing oooohh yeah.

lil yay for soundwave 2 weeks :D and big YAY for behemoth in may i think gotta find my ticket :(

'i have 1 desire
since i was born
2 see my body ripped and torn
2 see my flesh devoured before my eyes"
- Eaten: blood bath
fark'in luv bloodbath atm, just wish the bitches would tour already, but no are boys are to busy with opeth bla bla bla....

Rosies on a friday night is always good, cheap drinks, ears ringing, heads thrashing oooohh yeah.

lil yay for soundwave 2 weeks :D and big YAY for behemoth in may i think gotta find my ticket :(

Carve me up, slice me apart
Suck my guts and lick my heart
Chop me up, I like to be hurt
Drink my marrow and blood for dessert
EATEN...
My one desire, my only wish is to be-
EATEN...

hahahahah great song we always play it at jam

Richieve
come see Disentomb this friday at Rosies
Brisbane's Astriaal first show in yonks
Shall be great

man i would be there in a heart beat, but cant fund it.. soundwaves gonna suck up the majority of my cash paying 8 bucks for mid strengths all day, so there goes 160+ then on sunday picking up my new girl (diamond from down the goldy.. think i will call her malice :D)

dont mind a bit of carcas and satyricon (saw them last year) but i just cant do bodom.
saw meshugga at soundwave and anthrax prob best bands there imo

dont mind a bit of carcas and satyricon (saw them last year) but i just cant do bodom.
saw meshugga at soundwave and anthrax prob best bands there imo

+1
did go see them though

anyone like spawn of possession or went to screamfest this year

Still buzzing on the back of an epic weekend.

Saw AC/DC at ANZ Stadium on Sat night, was unreal!! They can still rock, & the crowd were right into it. Was such a great show. I won't go into it much because I don't want to spoil it for those yet to see them. Definitely worth getting a ticket if you haven't already got one.

Then Sunday we headed out to Heatwave festival at Eastern Creek (aka Soundwave) in 35C. Lots of free & accessible water though, so no excuses for dehydration. Top day, didn't get there til around 2:30pm, was hanging out at Bar 2 for a while until Reel Big Fish came on in the stage in front so we had to leave (especially when they did their ska version of Enter Sandman c/w trombone......). Anyhoo, we went & saw the first half of Placebo who were alright. Made our way over to see Anthrax who were really good, but we were in a spot where the sound was average, not their fault. Headed back to the main stages where we saw Jane's Addiction who are always good value, Perry Farrell is a bit of an enigma haha. Unfortunately following JA, we had to endure a lengthy & painful set from Jimmy Eats World. I can think of a few things Jimmy eat, none are good. They were simply awful, one of the biggest cheers of the day was when they announced it was their last song. But then.....I have waited over a decade to see these guys again, I have been a fan since The Real Thing back in 89 & have seen all their Sydney tours since. Of course I speak of the mighty FAITH NO MORE! Holy crap, what an unreal set! I don't want to give anything away for those yet to see them, but even after 12-13yrs since they broke up, they have lost nothing of the energy they used to have, & Mike Patton's voice is as good as it ever has been. If you go to see only one band this year, go & see Faith No More, you will not be disappointed.

Sunday, as it always is, was followed by Monday which meant a trip in to the Hordern to see Faith No More's sideshow gig. This show was a sell out (as it should have been). We skipped the Eagles of Death Metal (or Pigeons of **** Metal as Axl Rose once called them), & between sets we headed in to get a prime possie. Well I thought the Soundwave set was good the day before. FNM absolutely blew the doors, roof, walls off the Hordern, it was one of the best gigs I've ever been to, & being nearly 40yo, I've been to a LOT. Was definitely a top 3 gig for me. Everyone was singing along, it was brilliant.

My ears have nearly stopped ringing, my smile is still firmly planted on my dial, & the chorus of Mid Life Crisis still circling in my head. Unreal weekend, & thanks FNM for reuniting & touring again. 6-12 months ago I was still sure I'd seen them for the last time back in '97.

Yeah I know I have babbled about FNM a bit, & sure, half of you reading this were only just born before they broke up, but seriously, they were, & still are, one unreal live band. If you get a chance to see em, do it.

saw baroness and isis at soundwave last week. so ****ing awesome!
wish i had seen meshuggah now, silly boy showing me how awesome they were AFTER i had the chance to see them :p but oh well, placebo were on at the same time, and were just as awesome im sure :p
been really getting into carcass lately! will remember to have a look in jb hifi when i have some cash to spare :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back