Asian house geckos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beesagtig

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm not sure if its legal and if it isn't can someone please tell me but I was wondering if anyone on the Sunshine Coast had any Asian House Geckos around they're house that they want to get rid of because theres lots of flys round my place and no ASH geckos.

Thanks in advance

Olly

Releasing them into an area where they aren't is illegal i'm pretty sure. And AHG's don't do an awful lot to get rid of flies as they usually hunt at night when you get moths and bugs.

We gotta place on Stephens Street (or Stevens, I never remember) at Sunshine Beach and it is over run with them! So there would defiitely be some around you. But thy are useless at catching flies.. they chill out around lights and get moths

Waru's right, they will do stuff all for fly removal.

Count yourself lucky you dont have the mongrel things on your place already, perhaps it will leave a hole open for some natives like G. dubia to move in.

Hey,

I'm not sure if its legal and if it isn't can someone please tell me but I was wondering if anyone on the Sunshine Coast had any Asian House Geckos around they're house that they want to get rid of because theres lots of flys round my place and no ASH geckos.

Thanks in advance

Olly

Releasing these geckoes is illegal, no matter how you obtain them. They're an invasive species which excludes natives, so relocating them in an attempt to establish a new colony/population is a terribly bad thing to do, even aside from the legal issues.

Seems like pure evil to me. Havnt you learnt that introducing a predator to control a pest will more than likely have devastating affects on the area you are located. Cane Toad and AHG come to mind?

I suppose, o well I'll just have to find another way, any ideas?

Don't wanna use pesticides obviously

frogs? get a pond going and get a butt load of frogs in there

Lol, they're too clumsy they would probably climb up a window and jump!

heh heh poor things like watching a blind dog play catch but i love em anyways!

yea we rent so we can't build ponds or pits :angryface:
good idea though

Hmm maybe, do you reckon there would be any way of catching them live so i could feed them to my baby's?

get a jar and make a funnel out of paper to go where the lid should be so it points down. Put a little peice of meat in the bottom and you will catch millions.

Yeah simple fly trap.
Use sticky fly paper?
Or deal with them! Hahaha flies are a part of summer in Australia! Embrace them! ....then wash your hands.

are you allowed to keep them to breed and feed, last i checked rats wernt native to australia
yeah your allowed to breed them although i think some councils may have regualtions that say you cant because not one petshop in my area sells live:?:?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back