Asian house geckos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's terrible.. I thought they weren't that bad. Will be catching them and feeding them to my pedes. Take that you b@stards!

hahaha Why you do that catch a few people and feed them to a crock , people do more damage than AHGs :lol::lol::lol:

I don't see how it is illegal to own a asian house gecko even without a licence. The species is already here and it is not mentioned in the licence records...and as a non-native it isn't subject to native reptile laws...so all someone who wanted to own one would be doing it, catching it and putting it into a cage....about as illegal as keeping a wild mouse as a pet.

I don't see how it is illegal to own a asian house gecko even without a licence. The species is already here and it is not mentioned in the licence records...and as a non-native it isn't subject to native reptile laws...so all someone who wanted to own one would be doing it, catching it and putting it into a cage....about as illegal as keeping a wild mouse as a pet.
They are listed on the licece books,they are class1 (A2092 Hemidactylus frenatus)asian house gecko

Why can't i find it on my list? well...i may aswell delete my post. hang on...are cane toads on the amphibian list? Because they shouldn't be. they are not protected. anyway...i still can't find it on my list. Maybe it's old or incomplete.

or as illegal as keeping an annaconda, lion or elephant... except in qld where they arnt declared pests and in NSW where they can be kept on licence. Im fairly sure we can keep canetoads in qld too.

Well an anaconda isn't already here...nor is the lion or elephant..so i'm not sure how they are good examples. But anyway....

They are listed on the licece books,they are class1 (A2092 Hemidactylus frenatus)asian house gecko

Thats odd, im my list there is "A2092 Gehyra variegata Variegated Dtella" hmmm

There is always 1 annoying person who has to check.... ;P

No your not annoying,i would have mislead everyone if you hadn't lol

Well an anaconda isn't already here...nor is the lion or elephant..so i'm not sure how they are good examples. But anyway....

yeah they are, havnt you been to a zoo before(maybe not annocondas though?). Just because AHGs are in some parts of Australia doesnt mean its ok to spread them everywhere. Should we allow ppl to introduce toads in WA because they are already in eastern Australia? by your logic that would be OK :?

i don't recall saying that at all. . The toad's location goes without saying. everyone knows they live primarily in QLD and have since spread into the northern territory. And what lives in a zoo hardly counts.

iv seen my tatas leap off a branch in theyre cage and catch flys more then once but they are incredibly agile as far as dragons go................ why dont you develop an interest in carnivirous plants best natural fly control

Well, as a matter of point, under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999, it is against the law to keep either Asian House Geckos or Cane Toads (or Ferrets, or Axolotyls). As a Federal Law, it applies to all States and Territories.

:p

Hix

Well, as a matter of point, under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999, it is against the law to keep either Asian House Geckos or Cane Toads (or Ferrets, or Axolotyls). As a Federal Law, it applies to all States and Territories.

Hix

Check your lists from NPWS, Coxy. Asian House Geckos (Hemidactylus frenatus) are on a Class 1 license in NSW, and I believe on a basic license in other states.

Hix

Hix

I cant find anything to suggest that in the act, could you please direct me to where you read that.

Cris,

EPBC Act, Division 4 Section 303EA and 303EB allow for the provision of a list of animals suitable for import.
The list was originally published in the Gazette, and amendments made in the Gazette.

The list is now available in the DEWR Website at http://www.environment.gov.au/biodiversity/trade-use/lists/import/index.html

Section 303GN of the Act states that it is an offence for anyone to keep in Australia and exotic animal that is not on the lists.

AHG's, Cane Toads, and Ferrets are not on the lists.

(Note: this is a very simplified version of the complex language used in legislation)

Hix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back