Aussie Native Jags

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean51

Reaction score
hey was just wondering if anyone has any aussie native jags. If so post your pics please.

Heres a pic of one of my animals that is a bit of a jaggy pattern imo... let me know what you think.

Attachments

• JOR_9982.jpg
    JOR_9982.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 191
  • JOR_9981.jpg
    JOR_9981.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Here are some that I've bred.

I'm not sure if it's politically incorrect to call a 'pure-bred' a jag, although these ones do have jag-ish qualities. These pictures have been in another thread, but I do like the thought of line breeding for interesting patterns from same locality animals.

Attachments

• PaleAth2(gimp).jpg
    PaleAth2(gimp).jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 167
  • PaleAthJ2(gimp).jpg
    PaleAthJ2(gimp).jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 178
  • AthStripe(gimp).jpg
    AthStripe(gimp).jpg
    79 KB · Views: 162
  • Superline(gimp).jpg
    Superline(gimp).jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 218
yes thats very true although i have seen some that are really close to looking like jags. the locality of mine is a wenlock carpet. what is the locality of yours in the second pic. its stunning. i didnt personally breed mine it was given to me by a close friend. :D. it has really lightened up now though. compared to the pic i just uploaded.

They are not Jag's. They are not a co-dom trait that when bred together produce the (dead)leucistic super form, there for there is no such thing as a 'aussie jag' on snakes with a reduced pattern. Why not coin it another name to stop people from getting confused?

Regardless, HOT snakes there onimocnhoj!

The only things that can be called a "Jag' are those with some of the genes originally produced by Jan Engels

These lovely snakes dont deserve to have that tainted name used to describe them
Aus is getting closer and closer to the colours of Jags, without the probable neuro
But now that some idiot smuggled Jags in there will always be a question mark about the exact genetics of any great looking Aussie carpet

They are not Jag's. They are not a co-dom trait that when bred together produce the (dead)leucistic super form, there for there is no such thing as a 'aussie jag' on snakes with a reduced pattern. Why not coin it another name to stop people from getting confused?

Regardless, HOT snakes there onimocnhoj!

thanks clearing that up for me mate i was a bit confused my self haha :p

Stunning snakes onimocnhoj !!!

These pics have been posted before, some Reduced Patterned Coastals hatched last season.

Attachments

• rp-coastal  2.jpg
    rp-coastal 2.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 97
  • rp-coastal......jpg
    rp-coastal......jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 82
  • coastal..jpg
    coastal..jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 103
  • rp-coastal....jpg
    rp-coastal....jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 76
  • coastal...........jpg
    coastal...........jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 92
Stunning examples of carpet pythons John and Wayne .
I agree thats its not a good idea to give the name Jag to other RP or freaky reduced striped carpet pythons .
Here a few reduced patterned jungles that i have produced over the years .
Nice solid black in reduced pattern
IMG_60491a.jpg

This one is very jagish looking it was my tiger line.
Semistripeson.jpg

This one has reduced black in the pattern, sort of looks jagish also.
Sibmale22.jpg

This one has a very reduced pattern very jagish .
Reducedpatternmaleaged10mthsold.jpg

This one is jagish too IMO
IMG_7855es.jpg

Another freaky reduced stripey from my Tiger lines.
IMG_0851.jpg

All of these are not jags and are not Co Dom genetics.
They are from my clutches of selective bred pairs.

cheers
Roger

Last edited:
Thanks Roger

All those Jungles are crackers mate, but the one in pic 4 has won me!!

Cheers
Wayne

Nice snakes guys n' gals. Are they two snakes you have pictured a few shots of jamesjr or am I losing it? They are particularly nice mate. Not bad either Roger. Why do I feel like I'm cheating on the jungle thread..?

Attachments

• Black&Goldx(gimp).jpg
    Black&Goldx(gimp).jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 75
  • PaleAthStripe(gimp).jpg
    PaleAthStripe(gimp).jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 76
  • paleAth2.jpg
    paleAth2.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Not as fantastic as some on here but I like her and she is improving with each shed, she was bred by Larks:

Attachments

• stripey3.jpg
    stripey3.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 58
  • stripey2.jpg
    stripey2.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 64
  • stripeygirleating.jpg
    stripeygirleating.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 71
  • stripeyweb.jpg
    stripeyweb.jpg
    488.2 KB · Views: 67
Very nice snakes.
Calling them jags just insults them though.
I can see these taking over the popularity of jags eventually, just a shame that it will be hard to qualify because of the jag mentality.

Last edited:
Very nice snakes.
calling them jags just insults them.

I agree.
Like Mrspike said, there are no such things as 'aussie jags'.
If you can prove them genetically, then give them a morph name by all means, but at least know the way the trait is genetically inherited first.JMO

WOW, so many good examples on here that I can't single them out...lol.

But it is good to see that there are people out there working on these type of rp's minus the neuro issues. I reckon it won't be long till we out-do the americans in this game as we will eventually wean out most of the disfunctional issues that they have over there in their animals, and we will still be able to retain the purity in ours that are just as pretty if not more.

Here are some of mine...

View attachment 225527View attachment 225528View attachment 225529View attachment 225530View attachment 225531View attachment 225525View attachment 225526

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back