Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

That_Guy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone.:D
Im Brenton, from perth whos a Newbie to this site and newbie to herping.
Been doing alot of research on everything so know a fair bit on what ill need been doing even more persuading of the parents to be allowed to keep a snake within the house but so far not too greater luck! :cry:
mum's the party pooper who'd rather me get Beardies instead :( dont mind the idea but would much rather a snake which i can play with and get closer to.

Main Query is:
Where to buy from?! both enclosures and reptiles.
I live in Northern suburbs of perth and im looking at getting a Stimmie coz im not sure ill be able to take care of a carpet if it reaches 5-6 feet, plus not sure if ill have enough room.
but back to the subject of where...
im talked to the guys up at Exotic Trop. Fish and they seem a great bunch, this would probably be where i purchase my enclosure becuase they had quite a good setup that seemed reasonably priced and sized. and ive been to pet city (i think thats its name) in balcatta there but im not too sure bout them... compared to exotic... although i cant say im an expert so yeh...

just throwing out where would be a good place to purchase stuff in northern perth... or is it better to take a trek down south somewhere like reptile traders...

thanks all!!
Peace

lol if your snake turns out snappy you wont be getting close to it
it may even turn you off playing with it hahaha

i have both a snake and beardies and i actually find the beardies alot more interesting
dont get me wrong Mac is awesome!!! he just doesnt do much :D

haha :lol:
thats awesome. id love to get both but then having just finished skool (graduating last nite to be exact :)) money is a slight issue unfortuanetly :(
i just seem to spend it all when i get it these days with car costs and...food :oops: :lol:
haha but ive got a bit of savings there which will easily cover the initial costs and future needs of a future friend :D

i'd hate for my snake to turn out snappy :|
im looking for a hatchling so i can teach him young... then hopefully wont be too snappy later in life

most snakes will become tame when adults but some dont my fav snake is a aggressive thing but thats why i like him

Try pet magic in cannington, reptiletrader in rockingham, pilbarapythons.com.au

They all have sites too, hit em up with an email

Reptiletraders having a sale on stimmies atm too, think hes selling them around $350 each. His stock never lasts to long. I got my little stimmie from pilbara pythons.

Hey that guy, where bouts in WA r u, im in mundaring area, i went to reptile trader to get my lil stimmi, frogs and soon beardies, and they are much better people to get your reptile from, sum pet store wait most pet stores here dont really take good care of there reptiles even if they say they do, and many of them are wild caught, while reptile trader have been breeding for years now and have really good quilty reptiles and great info on looking after, they got me goin, getting a setup from else where would be fine aswell as long as u get all the requirements, if u no wat reptile ur after give rt a call n they will help u out heaps

You can play with beardies better than snakes in my opinion.

My friend has one that chases match box cars, the kids love it:D Roll them across the floor and the beardie pounces on them
:lol:

Hey that guy, where bouts in WA r u, im in mundaring area, i went to reptile trader to get my lil stimmi, frogs and soon beardies, and they are much better people to get your reptile from, sum pet store wait most pet stores here dont really take good care of there reptiles even if they say they do, and many of them are wild caught, while reptile trader have been breeding for years now and have really good quilty reptiles and great info on looking after, they got me goin, getting a setup from else where would be fine aswell as long as u get all the requirements, if u no wat reptile ur after give rt a call n they will help u out heaps

There are lots of good dealers in WA including some pet shops - Reptile Trader may have some CB animals but they don't exclusively sell CB, many are WC.

Sten

Yeh like sten says alot of Ken's reps are wild caught.

Hey JR
im in warwick so not much is really close i guess...
i like the look of Rep. Traders coz they seem to be a good store from their site and such so mite make a trip down there sometime soon.
guess a half hours drive is nothing if the quality of their reps. is alot better!!

Hey Pilbara.
When i say quality im talking about:
Markings/patterns on the reptiles, and
the health and the quality of where the reptiles are kept whilst they are being advertised for sale.

Well then, you could never say that Reptile Traders have better reptiles than some of the other dealers and be taken seriously e.g.
West Aussie reptiles has some great looking stimsons, are relatively cheap, well looked after etc.

Cheers Dave

You'd probably have better luck bonding with a Beardie rather than a snake. Thats my opinion anyway.

Yeh... im pretty new to all this unfortuanetly :(
Ive been recommended West Aus. Reptiles aswell from another person aswell. and have sent them off an email just asking a few questions.
Pilbara is on the list aswell actually however...just the fact of getting my future friend trasported from their to here...
just a question... how far in advance do people "book" hatchlings?! becaseu everywhere i seem to go i can find maybe 1 or 2 here and their but places, like your site, everyone of the hatchlings is sold already? are they "lay-byed" like the season in advance?!

get a beardy first. if you are in your mum's house, then. anyway she might love it and get the addiction too. i don't think if you want to play with it heaps you should get a snake. they don't really 'play'

im also going to plug beardies, ive ever had snakes, but beardies are friendly, cooperative (mostly) and have personality. you can let them run around and trust they wont eat your dog...

Well then, you could never say that Reptile Traders have better reptiles than some of the other dealers and be taken seriously e.g.
West Aussie reptiles has some great looking stimsons, are relatively cheap, well looked after etc.

Cheers Dave

Hey dave, any chance you'll be getting more Stimsons anytime soon :p wouldn't mind picking up a nice girl for my boy hehe.

Haha athough my dog is pretty small it wont be eaten...easily! :p
im not sure if everyones on the same page with my term of "beardies"... Beardies to me are the Western Beardies... ie Pogona Minor Minor (i think thats the scientific name...) but they are smaller then ur hand!! and im not quite sure that if i had one and wanted to take it out that i'd be able to because if struggle to:
A) find it again if it ran away or B) Keep up with it if it did run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back