Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably the most common phase of woma we find here. I myself have seen here five different phases or colour morphs if you like. But generally speaking the ones found here have strong banding which I personally prefer but each to thier own as they say.

Dave do you have a pic of an adult with someone holding it to see what size they are full grown?What other colours have you found?...very nice bands on that one,now all it need is a paint job on the h

Dave do you have a pic of an adult with someone holding it to see what size they are full grown?What other colours have you found?...very nice bands on that one,now all it need is a paint job on the head :wink:

They just get better with age apparently, I just can't take a photo that shows it's true colours.

flavirufus said:
Just to jump in myself, here's a picture of another youngster from Sandy's line, produced by Simon Stone. Sandy certainly produces some bright babies.
Matt

male-tanami3.jpg

It hard to accurately say what full grown is. I do know that these womas found here are indeed small pythons as mature adults but it is still speculation on my part as to there maximun size. I have measured at a guess close to 50 adult womas both dead and alive over a two year period and have a rough picture on what I beleive is an average adult size. I would however like to do this for a few more years to form a better conclusion. Most of our adult females are else where in breeding programs at present but I will try to take a couple of pics of adult males in the next few days and post them up for you.
Cheers Dave

there all really nice in my opion and now i've made up my mind on what to get next. (when some of my others start paying for themselvesthat is)

The womas that I was reffering to are actually part of Pilbarapythons breeding program, so you guessed it there wild caugth adults. There is 2 or 3 of them that continually make me gasp in wonder as coming from one of the harshest enviros in oz they should look fairly average compared to a captive breed animal let alone selective bred 2nd or 3rd generation animals, yet no word of a lie they have to be some of the nicest womas Ive ever laid eyes on. They are all mateing at the moment with one animal already knocked up by the pick of the bunch. there should be at least 2-8 more grivid in the next month or three. Orders will be taken thru Pilbarapythons soon. The bumble bee bh has been doin it so time will tell there. Will get Browns to take some pics.
Rob

The womas that I was reffering to are actually part of Pilbarapythons breeding program, so you guessed it there wild caugth adults. There is 2 or 3 of them that continually make me gasp in wonder as coming from one of the harshest enviros in oz they should look fairly average compared to a captive breed animal let alone selective bred 2nd or 3rd generation animals, yet no word of a lie they have to be some of the nicest womas Ive ever laid eyes on. They are all mateing at the moment with one animal already knocked up by the pick of the bunch. there should be at least 2-8 more grivid in the next month or three. Orders will be taken thru Pilbarapythons soon. The bumble bee bh has been doin it so time will tell there. Will get Browns to take some pics.
Rob

Look forward to it,you may even con me into buying some womas now from your description :wink: Haven't seen a Pilbara woma in the flesh as yet.

just thought id ask what is the temperament of a woma
usually like?

Usually very good, like Blackheads they seem to like to thrash around a bit at first and can hiss and bluff but don't tend to bite.

Some womas will try to eat anyting that moves.Its not so much aggresion. I have one tannimi that will even grab and coil the paper when trying to clean enclosure. Some are docile and some will bite. All diferent captive bred or not.
Rob

yes ive been nailed my a woma but not a black head some are thiesty at feed time

Yes they seem very food conscious and want to eat or bite anything at those times. My experience of keeping them is new but I have been around them for years and they generally speaking are quite placid.

yep boa till you makethat slight move ment infront of one or lift a newspaper off ones head then this extremely fast woma latches on to your fingur first time it happen i was shocked then it all most got me again talk about ambush hunters

yeah rob i remeber you showing me what they were like at feeding time then found out it wasnt just yours that acted a bit thiesty lots of people ive spoken to whom keep them have been nailed by these oh so placid womas :lol:

Have heard the wa womas in general are a fair bit fiiestier than any others,is that a reasonable generalistaion?

I'd hate to cop a proper tag from a woma or a bhp,for those who have either of these that will actually bite and lock on or hold the quickest easiest way is a quick sqirt of diluted metho as they use their tongues for taste and smell etc the metho would ceratainly make you wanna let go to and harmless..

dont know mine arent from wa but all the tamani ones ive seen handle well its just this feeding,ambush thing they do from motion less to full strike really amazing faster than blackheads.once you know there capble of it they never get you again cause your a bit more cauious opening a cage or lifting a sheet of paper ones under but gee they are fast :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back