Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Browns
I can't honestly say that I know if there is any difference in temperament between the W.A and Tanimi womas and I very much doubt that there is. Besides three or four crazy ones which we have here, the rest have been alright but the thing to remember is that ours are wild caught. I haven't owned many NT womas to be able to compare.

My WA Woma

Hi
Heres my WA woma.
She is wild caught & very friendly.
I have her breeding with a top breeder as a breed loan at the moment hope all is successful.
See the head with the darkness.
Jason Lapins

Hears a pic of mine, it grabs and constricts anything thats touches it when its hungry.

Here in the U.S. they just say eastern or western,

but I've never heard anything to back up the locality talk.
And you get to talk about specific areas they're from -- no
wonder I'm jealous. Of course I'll post what I think is the best
woma, and yes I say that because it's my woma. This is my
female, my male is just a notch below.

RE: Here in the U.S. they just say eastern or western,

Hows yu all goin,
I love womas currently i am to young to get my class 2 license in nsw as im 17, but i plan on getting some next year, i have been wondering for a while what size enclosure do you keep your adults in and how large do they get

RE: Here in the U.S. they just say eastern or western,

iv been told 4ftx2ftx2ft is standard for woma's and most bhp's

Here's a male. This comes from west of port hedland, further west than their range has been defined by approx 25 - 30 km. 1 big long isolated dune in otherwise rocky terrain.

can womas be housed together in a 4x2x2 or do they prefer to be housed seperately

Browns
I can't honestly say that I know if there is any difference in temperament between the W.A and Tanimi womas and I very much doubt that there is.
Dave the reason i said that's what i'd heard was because that's what you told me on the phone that they are much more skiddish than others...maybe i misunderstood you.
I think you'll find there's a fair bit of locality data for womas and a few breeders can basically point to where they originally came from.All the WA womas have guaranteed specific locality data for their womas if you want to get them as pure locality bred as they come.Not much of a woma fan but there is plenty of locality info for Tanami,Uluru,Tennant Creek,SA and coralis which are different again and found in a certain area of distribution and i think Steve Irwin has the only captive pair but don't qquote me on that.
but I've never heard anything to back up the locality talk.
And you get to talk about specific areas they're from -- no
wonder I'm jealous.
Womas that's one of the better womas i've seen in a while but just my taste and i like the very light or blonde form from Tennant Creek.I think i have a pic of one somewhere??

Steve irwin is not the only one who has the south west Queensland colaris form. Roy Pails, Tim from URS and myself have that form. I have know doubt that there are more in captivity than we are aware of.
Browns
I am not saying that these W.A woma's aren't a smaller race. What I am trying to say is I highly suspect that they are but need more data. At this point in time it is still just speculation on my part based on sizes of a limited number (about 50). I also can't say that the temperament or maximum size is any different than a Tanami woma, l simply would be guessing as I have only ever had a few of those to make a comparison.
Cheers Dave

Well ther you go,more and more species available all the time.I've not even seen a pic of colaris,does anyone have a pic at all?Is there much of a difference between them and other forms other than retaining the panda bear eyes?Ulurus are bigger than tanamis from what i've been told,what size do the coalaris get?

I do remember you guys saying the bhp's are generally much smaller than their eastern counterparts,what's the biggest in length and girth you've come across?You WA guys could get an excellent book happening on WA reptiles with the amount of diversity you get and most likely unknown species still out there.Has it been noted or recorded anywhere that the scale count for WA bhp's is different compared to other bhp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back