Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
haha am I the only one that thinks thats funny....hiissssss hiisssssss (STRIKE) shhhhhhit :p

AWesome video. Its a little one tho but had an awesome launch :) Good work. Love it!

its not always a bluff, as i found out with my boy....he nailed my finger and tried to eat it for a good half hour,their teeth r freakin sharp as all hell....hes about 5ft,not looking forward to it happening again when hes bigger

It's hard to say, if it's more scared of camera or the dodgy hook!
Petrified actually

Ah, ah nice BHP, congrats!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

U Could have drop a towel on yr Bhp head and pick it up without getting a bite :)

+1
That's the best tip I got from SXR, my early days. It works a treat!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
oh right.. the only question i have is, how long is too long to let them shed themselves? like this bhp has been patchy for at least 3 days now. everyday more is off but its starting to annoy me. the top has mostly come off but along the ventral scales hasnt budged? will it start to be an issue after a while or not?
the stuck will end up being a big issue. I almost never get stuck sheds. When i do I stick them in a plastic tub with a little luke worm water with a couple of rough objects put a lid on. Just leeve them in there for about a half hour. that should take care of most of it. the rest will come off easy rubbing it off.

the stuck will end up being a big issue. I almost never get stuck sheds. When i do I stick them in a plastic tub with a little luke worm water with a couple of rough objects put a lid on. Just leeve them in there for about a half hour. that should take care of most of it. the rest will come off easy rubbing it off.

i just bathed him for half an hour, and managed to pull the skin off the top of the body, but the skin under neath him on the ventral scales still wont lift, but i did managed to get the skin off the tail (was most worried about that)
he has stuff in his tub to rub on and its humid in there so i dont know what the problem is. im not taking him to the vet as i know its not a husbandry issue on my behalf as i have never had this problem with 3 other snakes in almost 2 years. i doubt theres anything a vet can do that i cant do with the help of some experienced aps members!
im pretty sure the eye caps are off as the skin on top of his head came off, just the skin under his head wont come off for about 2 cms past his bottom lip. starting to really annoy me, especially since i read in an SXR article that retained shed can harbour bacteria

waaaaah hate snakes at the moment haha

Check the most recent posts by Gruni. He mentions giving a bath in a solution of camomile tea. Might be worth a try ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back