Big black cats ( panther) Australia

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i never said the you tube video's were true. I said that the reference i was refering too came from there.
I DO NOT AGREE OR DISAGREE about big cats. I never said l saw one.
The references from YOU TUBE are a documentry. Everything anyone says can be disputed.
Yes eyewitness accounts can be ummm embelished. like the fish that got away that he claims was 3 feet long and in reality was less than a foot. Prove it..
Like aliens and spaceships.. No matter how many eyewitnesses no matter how many photo's etc, 1/2 the population does not believe.
no 2 people think the same way. opinions differ.
Things happen so quickly that sometime you are in too much shock to react. After the fact we sit back and say, well l should have done this or that. For example, a stupid truck driver decided to dump pine bark
at our local park.. 3pm in the arvo, kids everywhere. My daughter was on the swing and when he reverse towards her, l bolted because it seemed as if he was going to reverse right into her...3 feet away.. I should have taken photo's of the dumped bark..and l should have taken photo's of how close to the swing he was but instead l just abused him for being an idiot, not having a spotter.. should have, could have, would have. Didn't.
All offical reports can be "doctored" all photo evidence can be "doctored", all stories can be fabricated, so what are we left with? Nothing.

I'm surprised this thread has 21 pages, WHEN WILL IT END?

What I cant work out is.....why hasnt anyone come across a dead one....you know like you see dead kangaroos etc.......they cant all be so secretive that they manage to die in secretive places that nobody ever sees ?

how many dead deer have u come across in the wild?

Aussie-Pride, i read up to page 13 but dont have time at the moment. What did you find when you went searching? Im like you i wouldnt believe it untill i saw it, but with all this evidence i do think there is something.

Ohh and if youd like an extra person to go looking id like to go :p

Aussie-Pride, i read up to page 13 but dont have time at the moment. What did you find when you went searching? Im like you i wouldnt believe it untill i saw it, but with all this evidence i do think there is something.

Ohh and if youd like an extra person to go looking id like to go :p

He found Santa Claus. Now we all believe.

All offical reports can be "doctored" all photo evidence can be "doctored", all stories can be fabricated, so what are we left with? Nothing.

True, things can be manipulated, but this can be detected. I've found that whether or not you can find the truth about something will depend a lot on how much effort you're willing to put into researching it. Of course there are some situations where there is insufficient evidence to come to a solid conclusion, but there are many situations where on the surface it could be assumed that we may never know the answer and it looks like an impossible obstacle but after spending many exhausting hours for weeks, months or years you could find an answer.

I find that many people tend to give up too quickly and easily, research can mean a lot of hard work and it can be frustrating and very time consuming which is why some people give up, but when they do that they tend to say "we'll never know" instead of "It got too hard and frustrating so I gave up". Even if you do a heap of research on something and still can't come to a solid conclusion you will have learned something, so it won't all have been for nothing :)

Big black cats(panther) Australia

I am now a resident in Northern NSW, but grew up on the Blue Mountains, and as a kid heard and saw this animal on a few occasions, but was laughed at when I tried telling of my experiences, by narrow minded people as I probably will be after I post this, I am an old man now, but these encounters started 56 years ago, so they must have produced young, because what I saw was a dark version of an American Mountain Lion, and apparently they dont live for 56 years--- I have spoken to people who have seen large a "black Panther" and all agree that if they tell of their encounters they will or have been laughed at, like I was---- I have heard many explanations of where these animals came from, and there has been a lot of sightings over the years, if anybody would like to get in touch with me about this/these animals, send me a private message

@ronsnakes.. Good on you.. I understand about the ridicule for something you know is true.. Very frustrating! It's easier not to say anything so you are not finding yourself being labelled a "Tin foil hat wearing crackpot" or the like and being pressed to argue your case or provide evidence as though you are on trial for something! People have seen these creatures and just because many others haven't it doesn't mean they don't exist!

I am now a resident in Northern NSW, but grew up on the Blue Mountains, and as a kid heard and saw this animal on a few occasions, but was laughed at when I tried telling of my experiences, by narrow minded people as I probably will be after I post this, I am an old man now, but these encounters started 56 years ago, so they must have produced young, because what I saw was a dark version of an American Mountain Lion, and apparently they dont live for 56 years--- I have spoken to people who have seen large a "black Panther" and all agree that if they tell of their encounters they will or have been laughed at, like I was---- I have heard many explanations of where these animals came from, and there has been a lot of sightings over the years, if anybody would like to get in touch with me about this/these animals, send me a private message

As stated in the thread already black mountain lions do not exist. Not in zoos, not in the american wild not in Australia. It must have been something else.

Do not take this the wrong way I'm not attacking you or what you saw just saying it must have been something else you saw.

As stated in the thread already black mountain lions do not exist. Not in zoos, not in the american wild not in Australia. It must have been something else.

Do not take this the wrong way I'm not attacking you or what you saw just saying it must have been something else you saw.

He didn't say it was black he said "dark" which could be dark brown, or purple for that matter! I'm not attacking you here either, but I'd like someone to explain to me how you can definitively prove that something DOESN'T exist??!

I'd like someone to explain to me how you can definitively prove that something DOESN'T exist??!

It is true that it's difficult to prove something doesn't exist. Implicit in that statement, in this context, is the problematic idea that just because you can't prove it doesn't exist, it must therefore exist until proven otherwise. If you were to try to disprove the existence of all the things that might exist, you'd waste a lot of fruitless time and never reach a conclusion. Google Russell's teapot or the tongue-in-cheek modern equivalent, the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

I'm not ridiculing anyone who claims to have seen a big cat that's not a feral domestic cat in Australia. Chances are they've seen something. What's the likelihood of it being a big cat? Not very high. That's why sceptics want proof.

That statement, in this context, was referring to big cats in Australia.. Not everything that the general population beleives doesn't exist. There was a point in time when it was widely believed the earth was flat, because there wasn't evidence otherwise and the idea that it was round was absurd to most people of that era, just a well known example.. People are so quick to judge, attack or dismiss anything or anyone who challenges their beliefs, no matter how trivial. Take this thread for example.. Roughly 5 of the comments are people claiming to have seen with their own eyes, or know credible people who have seen big cats that aren't just overgrown ferals in Australian wilderness.. Most of the hundreds of other comments are trying to discredit what these people know to be true - not just a made up opinion or belief, but factual truth. Honestly, why do people so strongly oppose the idea that this is true? Are we really so superior? Has everyone forgotten about the millions of acres of Australia that is uninhibited by man, and has been that way for hundreds of thousands of years?! How is it not possible- highly likely even- that something the general population is unaware of and has never witnessed exists out there?! Someone (I can't remember who sorry but it's there) mentioned the snub nosed monkey earlier in this thread, not documented until sometime after 2000 (2010 I think but I could be wrong).. Prior to this, unsubstantiated reports of this creature would have been laughed at also.. But there it is, it actually does exist. Nature has been evolving and changing since the dawn of time, and will continue to do so, and to think that we have reached a point where we as humans know everything about it and there is nothing left to discover or learn is ridiculous.

Because the evidence that big cats (mountain lions are actually a small cat, not a big cat but anyway) is at best inconclusive and at worst indicitive of something else.

The burden of proof lies with those who are making the positive claim.

That statement, in this context, was referring to big cats in Australia.. Not everything that the general population beleives doesn't exist. There was a point in time when it was widely believed the earth was flat, because there wasn't evidence otherwise and the idea that it was round was absurd to most people of that era, just a well known example.. People are so quick to judge, attack or dismiss anything or anyone who challenges their beliefs, no matter how trivial. Take this thread for example.. Roughly 5 of the comments are people claiming to have seen with their own eyes, or know credible people who have seen big cats that aren't just overgrown ferals in Australian wilderness.. Most of the hundreds of other comments are trying to discredit what these people know to be true - not just a made up opinion or belief, but factual truth. Honestly, why do people so strongly oppose the idea that this is true? Are we really so superior? Has everyone forgotten about the millions of acres of Australia that is uninhibited by man, and has been that way for hundreds of thousands of years?! How is it not possible- highly likely even- that something the general population is unaware of and has never witnessed exists out there?! Someone (I can't remember who sorry but it's there) mentioned the snub nosed monkey earlier in this thread, not documented until sometime after 2000 (2010 I think but I could be wrong).. Prior to this, unsubstantiated reports of this creature would have been laughed at also.. But there it is, it actually does exist. Nature has been evolving and changing since the dawn of time, and will continue to do so, and to think that we have reached a point where we as humans know everything about it and there is nothing left to discover or learn is ridiculous.

Because the evidence that big cats (mountain lions are actually a small cat, not a big cat but anyway) is at best inconclusive and at worst indicitive of something else.

The burden of proof lies with those who are making the positive claim.

This isn't a criminal trial, we don't actually have to prove anything

We're not necessarily saying they don't exist here, there just isn't evidence available for everyone to examine which proves it. We don't know any of the people making these claims on this thread, we've never met them and hence don't know whether or not to trust what they're saying. Having a blind belief in what a totally anonymous person on the internet says isn't very responsible. If there did turn out to be big cats here and there was good evidence to support it then I'd be quite happy to be proved wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back