Big black cats ( panther) Australia

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i can take a photo of twenty panthers every week near penrith and some of them look pretty wild

Aussie Pride, when you have a pic of your Panther or large cat (either way I belive you). Post it when you can until then be ready to accept negativity. Until then nearly 20 pages. Any quantities in mind?

my panther lol i wish i had a panther. I'm a fence sitter until i see one for myself but I won't flat out say there's nothing out there because people on aps don't think there out there. Some say yes some say maybe others say no and there was 1 post i did like that was that toasters take photos..lol everyone has there own opinion..
I like to have a laugh as much as the next person, I find the majority of these posts ammusing.

What do you mean by quantities?

I can't remember half of what I've read here but......but (be open to this here people) chances are there are big cats out there. There are just too many reports of sightings (although the majority are neither confirmed or unconfirmed) and as I've posted previously I know a bloke who has come across a big cat while hunting, really put the wind up his dogs and he's not one to bull **** either.

I've read a report (can't find it) of a large feral dog found many years back in NW NSW with its throat torn out and large scratches all over it, not the doings of another dog and sure as hell not something native.

Just think about how large, isolated and uninhabitated the larger part of Australia is. There could be anything out there. I live in the snowy mountains and I spend alot of time in the bush. Its one isolated place.

I'm heading out to a mates place tomorrow to start my winter stockpile of fire wood. I'll take a rifle with me, you never know ;)

I do know of a true case of a lion being shot by the police, which I read in a police newsletter years ago. This is a letter that only cops get and has photos of murders etc without censorship, and the lion story was true with photos. but from memory it wasn't living in the bush but escapee from somewhere and not out too long.

I have also been travelling up the east coast with my wife, toddler son (so twas 18 yrs ago) and dog.( bully cross red cattle cross shepard) when i pulled over for a rest in the rest area just out of Kempsey. There was a ute in the rest area (driver must have been having a roadside crap, as vehicle unattended). There was a sign on the ute that said Travelling Zoo (something, something, etc), on the back was a cage, in the cage was a big black panther. I got my son out and took him over for a close up of the cat, we were very close and then I see my dog following a scent, with his nose down to the ground he followed the smell right to the back of the ute, the whole time he approached the cat was sitting quitely watching him come with absolutely no movement except the tip of its tail was twitching. The dog got to about 6ft from the back of the ute when he finally looked up and they saw each other. The panther opened its mouth, hissed loudly and bared its teeth just the same way a cat does when in a fight etc. My hero dog squealed like a virgin and ran straight behind me for protection, being the only time I have ever seen him do that(use me as a shield).

So the reports that say the dogs were crapping their pants are ok by me, big cats have it all over dogs for sure. That part i agree on. This cat was longingly looking up to the hills of Kempsey and I could sense where he wanted to be for sure. After it scared the dog off it silently and effortlessly jumped up onto a shelf up in the cage and lay down. They certainly are a beautiful animal, I just need proof before i believe, yes the country could support them but that with word of mouth doesn't constitute truth. Decent footage or a body does.

Taipans and Broadheadeds are very elusive species but snakemen know where to find them, might take a while but they eventually find them. Big cat sighting have been around since the 60's yet......

It amazes me that youtube videos created by tin-foil-hat wearing conspiracy nuts can actually pass for a source these days. If only the rest of us were able to cite youtube clips as references... sure would make academic writing a breeze. but hey, if some guy on youtube says it happened, then surely it's true.

if your refering to the clips l put links too, there are books published. Eye witness accounts and full documents. The easiest souce to posts are the you tube ones.

As l have stated earlier, i've not seen a "big cat" but l have friends that have. I have friends that have been interviewed by these *tin-foil-hat wearing nuts*

Each to their own opinions and beliefs

if your refering to the clips l put links too, there are books published. Eye witness accounts and full documents. The easiest souce to posts are the you tube ones.

As l have stated earlier, i've not seen a "big cat" but l have friends that have. I have friends that have been interviewed by these *tin-foil-hat wearing nuts*

well said.

Eye witness testimony isn't always reliable, it's often wrong.

Eyewitness testimony is a powerful justice tool

Human memory is interesting too:

Memory (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

Memory and Reality

false memory - The Skeptic's Dictionary - Skepdic.com

Books being published doesn't always mean that what's written in them is accurate, many untruthful things are published all the time, book sales are more about how many copies you can sell and how much money you can make off it. The best way to sell a book is to sensationalize it to make it more interesting for the readers.

Here's some books that were "non fiction" that turned out to be false:

Misha: A Memoire of the Holocaust Years
BESTSELLER!: A New Twist in the Misha Defonseca Story

JAMES FREY “A Million Little Pieces”
http://www.amazon.com/Million-Little-Pieces-James-Frey/dp/0385507755

THOMAS KOHNSTAMM

Lonely Planet | Lonely Planet Authors

There's an awful lot of deception out there hence my skepticism. It's nothing personal against anyone.

So where is the photographic evidence? I'm sorry, but an eye witness and an interview with the 'tin-foil-hat wearing nuts' isn't very convincing...

well said.

Lol, how is that well said??..

Books published? Eye witness accounts? Interviews? Wow, that must mean they really do exist! How could I have been so foolish and blind all these years?!!

Just out of curiosity, are these published books you speak of located in the fiction area of the library/book store..?

Lol, how is that well said??..

Books published? Eye witness accounts? Interviews? Wow, that must mean they really do exist! How could I have been so foolish and blind all these years?!!

Just out of curiosity, are these published books you speak of located in the fiction area of the library/book store..?

"As l have stated earlier, i've not seen a "big cat" but l have friends that have. I have friends that have been interviewed by these *tin-foil-hat wearing nuts*

well said!!! weelllllllll saaaaiiiddd!!!!! lol sorry did what i say get your knickers in a knot?

Last edited:
The best way to sell a book is to sensationalize it to make it more interesting for the readers.

Further to this, you'll probably find such books have little, if anything, in the way of reliable, accurate and verifiable references. Just a whole load of twaddle heaped together to make people believe anything.

I'm not saying that these big cats don't exist... my uncle once swore blind he saw a wombat the size of a pony, and I don't dismiss his claims out of hand. What I do expect is without actual evidence, backed up by scientific fact and / or verifiable references, the rest of the world would, and should. It's good to see there are some people around who don't just believe whatever is fed to them. Blind faith is for religion, and nothing more.

Dunno about big cats but I see a big pussy everytime "The Man" Mundine steps into the ring.

Dunno about big cats but I see a big pussy everytime "The Man" Mundine steps into the ring.

lol so true mundine only fights people he knows he can beat. He does alot for boxing in Australia only because so many people dislike him. I can see the next bout " Beard vs Mundine " I'd pay to see this.

well said!!! weelllllllll saaaaiiiddd!!!!! lol sorry did what i say get your knickers in a knot

Not at all mate, don't get too excited. I'm not the type to get annoyed by what people have to say to me through a computer screen. I was actually asking a serious question.

How was what atothej said 'well said'? Are you capable of giving a proper answer..? Or did you just say that to add another useless post to your post count?

Not at all mate, don't get too excited. I'm not the type to get annoyed by what people have to say to me through a computer screen. I was actually asking a serious question.

How was what atothej said 'well said'? Are you capable of giving a proper answer..? Or did you just say that to add another useless post to your post count?

lol excited?

"As l have stated earlier, i've not seen a "big cat" but l have friends that have. I have friends that have been interviewed by these *tin-foil-hat wearing nuts*

well said. Sorry don't you agree with me that it was well said? lol

useless post to my post count lol!! do you keep count on your posts? lol

sorry if you don't agree with my post but as was said " each to their own opinions and beliefs"

Further to this, you'll probably find such books have little, if anything, in the way of reliable, accurate and verifiable references. Just a whole load of twaddle heaped together to make people believe anything.

I'm not saying that these big cats don't exist... my uncle once swore blind he saw a wombat the size of a pony, and I don't dismiss his claims out of hand. What I do expect is without actual evidence, backed up by scientific fact and / or verifiable references, the rest of the world would, and should. It's good to see there are some people around who don't just believe whatever is fed to them. Blind faith is for religion, and nothing more.

Maybe it was the hippo?

... on holiday down Wollemi way...

Why not with all the sightings of black panters around different states it stands to reason that they too must go on holidays at least occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back