Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your point? It almost seems like you're trying to impress me with stories of large animals.

I saw the largest reptile ever to exist, I heard stories about it at a pub in central Australia, it was said to be a giant Death Adder, which only came out on dark nights. I waited for a warm, moonless night and went out searching... the ground was warm but there was a cool breeze... I searched and searched, wandering about for hours in the sand and spinifex... my torch battery was failing and I decided to start the long walk back to the vehicle, I turned around and saw the mighty death adder which had been stalking me! :shock: It was absolutely huge, but I only had a moment to view it before my torch died completely. In sheer terror, in the dark, I grabbed my rifle and fired several shots at the monstrous beast and heard a thud as a tremendous weight of animal hit the ground. After catching my breath I staggered around in the dark and located the monster... far too heavy to carry, I was just barely able to drag it. Over the next few hours I struggled and persevered, finally managing to get back to the ute. Vandals had smashed the vehicle up, the headlights and windscreen were smashed I managed to get the dead beast into the ute and drove off. At first light I pulled over to take a look at the dead serpent and see with my eyes just how large it was, but when I did, I was hit with the frightening realisation that what I had shot and recovered was merely one of the mighty adder's mites! :shock:

cris said:
No no, I'm serious. They grow quite large around here and being in the Melbourne area, there aren't any Carpets to hybridise with anyway. Near a swamp about 15km for here someone killed a 16' 7" tiger snake after it killed his dogs back in 1994, the dead snake was viewed and measured by many people and the length is not in doubt, but some claim it was actually a brown snake.
Thats nothing i saw a 10m blind snake(unsure of species) eating cars then a varanus panoptes that stood 5m high when on all fours came and ate it. This all happend at the park accross the road and down the street although some ppl say that it was actually a v. gouldii.

No,no, it's true cris, it was seen eating the guys neapolitan mastiffs with ease, the owner tried to kill it with a shotgun but the bullets bounced off so he ran it over with his mack truck 20 times and finally killed it. :roll:

I once saw a Little Whipsnake, it really was very little.

i dont have any giant python annecdotes but i used to a big little whip snake, it was 8.5 feet,
this actually happened to my uncles friends uncle.he was fishing on the barmah river.
.A passer-by had asked him how the fishing was,,. my uncles friends uncle replies that the fishing is all right, but his "worms" keep biting him. When the passer-by returns later in the day my uncles friend uncle is lying on the bank dead. Upon investigation, it is discovered that his "worms" are actually new-born copperheads. :shock:
amazing but true..

Sdaji said:
What's your point? It almost seems like you're trying to impress me with stories of large animals.

I saw the largest reptile ever to exist, I heard stories about it at a pub in central Australia, it was said to be a giant Death Adder, which only came out on dark nights. I waited for a warm, moonless night and went out searching... the ground was warm but there was a cool breeze... I searched and searched, wandering about for hours in the sand and spinifex... my torch battery was failing and I decided to start the long walk back to the vehicle, I turned around and saw the mighty death adder which had been stalking me! :shock: It was absolutely huge, but I only had a moment to view it before my torch died completely. In sheer terror, in the dark, I grabbed my rifle and fired several shots at the monstrous beast and heard a thud as a tremendous weight of animal hit the ground. After catching my breath I staggered around in the dark and located the monster... far too heavy to carry, I was just barely able to drag it. Over the next few hours I struggled and persevered, finally managing to get back to the ute. Vandals had smashed the vehicle up, the headlights and windscreen were smashed I managed to get the dead beast into the ute and drove off. At first light I pulled over to take a look at the dead serpent and see with my eyes just how large it was, but when I did, I was hit with the frightening realisation that what I had shot and recovered was merely one of the mighty adder's mites! :shock:

You have way too much time on your hands John :lol:

raptor: All the easier to pester you with, my dear.

waruikazi: Sure, tell them to start preparing by growing their hair long, appreciating turnips and eating insects. Actually, I can't really take credit for that story, it's a modified version of a story I was told in a NSW pub by a kangaroo shooter. His story didn't mention snakes, ticks, mites, sand, spinifex, dying torch or vandals but it was pretty similar :lol: His version had a rifle, a walk in the dark and I think there was a ute in it and he might have mentioned a cool breeze too :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back