Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

enthusiest

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Can people give accounts of really big snakes they have seen for different species.

wild or captive..

i have seen..

3.4 metre Coastal Carpet, archer river, 1999
3.4 Black Headed Python, Bamaga, 1997
6.8 metre Scrubby, Chester Gorge, 2003
3.0 metre Water Python, Iron range, 1999
1.2 metre Spotted Python, Coen, 2000
3.7 metre Olive Python, Dorat Road NT, 2004
2.8 metre Green Tree Python, Buthen Buthen mine site, 2000

these are all wild accounts..

so tell me what you've seen...

Cheers

Oh forgot to say... cant beat any of your sightings although I have seen a captive 4m olive

well my largest snake at the moment is a MASSIVE 105cm spotted...lol. but i have a baby coastal that MAY give her a run for the money in the next yr.

The biggest one that I have seen is a Reticulated python at australia Zoo. Don't know how big it is but it is massive. They feed it full grown goats, horns and all.
Harry :D

Here's a photo of one of Australia Zoos Reticulated Pythons. This one was not the biggest, there is one under the stairs in the food court that is twice the size of this one. Sorry about the picture quality.
Harry

Ive been to opick up mtre long bluetongues quite regularly but when i get there they have always gone. They always leave their little mate behind though.

I notice that you live at Lockhart River on Cape York, bro. That might explain why they were so accurately measured. Were they all good tucker? :wink:

peterescue said:
Ive been to opick up mtre long bluetongues quite regularly but when i get there they have always gone. They always leave their little mate behind though.

Not sure about meter long blue tongues but 3 foot ones are not uncommon. Often it is the result of an accident when they were younger.

haha i know what you mean Jeff.. I know some of the other 'locals' do... you should see the number of turtle shells in the dump up here..

anyway.. i couldn't believe it when i found the 2.8 metre GTP.. iv only ever found them at about 1.9 in iron range, so i looked a little further afield and found this big fella. GTP are alot more common than people think. the biggest iv heard if is a 3.5 speciman found by a french herpetologist/photographer.. iv seen pictures..

i found the scrub in the Chester gorge after a fishing trip to the nesbit river.. we walked into the gorge and found him lying the water. me and my mate caught him and measured him with string. wopping 6.8 metres

would love to see some pictures of some large herps people on this forum actually own.

I take all claims witha grain of salt but have no qualms with repeating them at a later date.

Jeff, any such claims would require 'pics (or a few) or it didn't happen' for sure :twisted: :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back