Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know frosted bulbs get hotter than clear ones? I thought it'd be the other way round so I've always bought frosted ones. I'll remember that one. But I have steered away from using lights, now, because they prove expensive when they need replacing too much. My lacy boy has a light - but its a spot bulb that directs the basking light down and in a wide mesh cover.

Yes the metal cages can get extremely hot - specially if you have a large bulb and a cage only just big enogh to cover the bulb. I suggest going for bigger mesh cover so that the bulb isn't touching or too close to the mesh cover.

one of my heat mates burnt straight through a tub and burnt the table but the snake was fine. its was on a timer so it didnt stay on all the time but some are dodgy. but there is no way that olive for burnt on its head from a heat mat. the pattern and shape can be possible. id get them taken off her to be truthfull. poor little guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back