Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakelady96

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls, i have a friend... well not sure if i should still class her as a friend after what i think she has done... Shes burnt 2 snakes! An olive and a coastal carpet. She claims the burns happened because of heat mats, i can sort of believe it with the carpet but not the olive, pics will show why- shes burnt on her head! Please people no hate comments directed at me, the snakes are now in my care but on thursday are being sent to the best vet in QLD. What i am asking is everyones opinion on how these burns could've occured, i honestly dont think its from a heat mat- thats my opinion. She has had problems with drugs over the years so maybe hurting snakes is a side affect or makes her feel better? i dont know ive never done drugs, i think shes threw the coastal carpet on a fire and burnt the olive with a cigaret... Like i said thats my opinion and please no hate comments directed at me. Thank you for your participation guys and girls. (Will post photos in separate comments).

Attachments

• IMG_0886.jpg
    IMG_0886.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 685
  • RIMG0004.jpg
    RIMG0004.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 530
  • RIMG0005.jpg
    RIMG0005.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 437
Last edited:
More pics guys, click on the attachments! And nope not at all Tassie97, all she had in the enclosure was a heat mat, a hide and fake grass!

Cant open the 3 attachments - can u post in advance?

Invalid attachments. If the burns are all located on the belly it's likely to be heat mat related but if there are small burns that look like cigarette burns then that's probably the case. I had a thermostat fail and cause one of my coastals severe burns overnight, looked like that but to a much lesser extent. If the burns are suspect that woman needs to be checked out so she doesn't hurt other animals or even people.

Edit: I just saw the olive's head, there's no way that's accidental.

Mat with no or faulty thermostat?

Your comments RE: fire and cigarrete are quite specific, anything your not telling us?

I hope it was accidental, & not done for some other sick reason.......that is terrible! I wont even hazard a guess as to how they came about, however that burn on top of the head definately looks very similiar to that of a cigarette.......the poor snakes! Im glad they are safe now.

The head wound could be from escape attempts or somehow getting the head under a heat source.

It also looks relatively clean with signs of healing

Nope no thermostats and Elapedae1 ive said everything i know, if there is anything else its what shes not telling me, i say fire and cigaretts because she is a very i dont know how to say.... different person...

Far out... Those poor, poor snakes. I hope she never has another snake (or anything else for that matter) in her care again... That's just ridiculous.

I would say they are accidental though obviously avoidable burns. The carpet looks in a bad way unfortunately.

I would give my friend the benefit of the doubt and be trying to offer some support for their obvious probems.

Nope no thermostats and Elapedae1 ive said everything i know, if there is anything else its what shes not telling me, i say fire and cigaretts because she is a very i dont know how to say.... different person...

I think thats terrible I hope DERM make a visit!!!! Take the licence away from that person they don't deserve lovely animals like that. The burn on the top of the head of the Olive is a cigarette or cigar burn OMG Olives are so nice and placid I hope karma gets this person.

I think thats terrible I hope DERM make a visit!!!! Take the licence away from that person they don't deserve lovely animals like that. The burn on the top of the head of the Olive is a cigarette or cigar burn OMG Olives are so nice and placid I hope karma gets this person.

How can you say this for sure?

Has the carpet had previous injury?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back