Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, on a licence related topic, I have a question for you guys.

I got given a pair of beardies last july, from a breeder. I picked them up from a friend of his, who said he will be getting back to me with his licencing info, which he never did. I made a few calls to get the info, but would never get through to him, and I have since lost the number, and the address of his friend whom I picked them up from.

Now, i've noted all of this on my licence sheet (figured it was best to get these guys logged and sorted in case i wanted to sell them), but has anyone had similar experience with an issue like this? Am I in for a long line of questioning from the NPWS next month?

Im pretty sure your stuck with them off license.... I don't think that they make exceptions with stuff like that.
Alot of that is happening on petlink (e.g people shipping wild caught/wild caught offspring and never giving license details) There is one person who uses petlink to do this as there have many posts about her..... She even tried to pull a fast one on me but got pulled up pretty quick ;)

The best thing you can do is call NPWS and explain the situation. Probably would have helped if you'd done it as soon as you realised there was a problem. NPWS aren't the enemy, and they know this kind of thing can happen. I reckon you should be honest and upfront with them, and it should all pan out ok.. hopefully..

Well i'm being honest enough to put them in my book in the first place, and place a description of the problem on the sheet too. Perhaps I should also give them a call up front, but, and without sounding arrogant, if I end up getting a fine for this, i'm going to be beyond pissed.

I'm certain you won't get a fine. PM Jeff Hardy and explain the situation, ask for his advice. Then if he gives you a fine we'll all harass him for you :) I think most importantly though, you should contact them ASAP.

Mmmmmmmm I wonder, what does that have to do with an adult who clearly knew they were breaking a law and trying to make money out of it?

Sorry MannyM, I was referring to the guy Mr Bredli had called when I said that about breaking the law and profiting etc.

yayo said:
Im pretty sure your stuck with them off license.... I don't think that they make exceptions with stuff like that.
Alot of that is happening on petlink (e.g people shipping wild caught/wild caught offspring and never giving license details) There is one person who uses petlink to do this as there have many posts about her..... She even tried to pull a fast one on me but got pulled up pretty quick ;)

Hey yayo,
could you name this user of petlink, a username would help some ppl

Solitary Diver...what is your post referring to? It seems odd to me- maybe i'm missing something.

I reckon the lacey will end up being euthanised due to it being in close proximity to captive bred reptiles

I don't know about that Moreliaman, here the tendency seems to be to give them to into care and have them quarantined, but they're never released again because of their contact with captive bred animals.

This has me a little mystified. Whilst I agree with what you’ve done and the reasons you’ve done it, as I also believe in this day and age wild animals should be allowed sanctuary, it’s funny seeing how people jump up and down ranting and raving, and displaying the “horror” of someone collecting wild caught animals. Yet, someone who purchases a takers license, and could then possibly make back the purchase of that license with the first “wild caught” animal they sell, because of paperwork, it’s all deemed okay. It’s a strange world indeed! :?

Nice when such licenses disappear IMO.

Geez.. i didn't even have to do anything this time.. just pulled this from Pet Link..

small turtle & tank

3ft tank, 3ft UV light, fluval 4 internal filter, large zoomed turtle dock, all about 2 months old. Gravel, plants, 300w heater. Heaps of different turtle food. Red eared turtle about 6cm eats everything. Also 2 spare tanks 1 x 3ft, 1 x 4x1.5x1.5 ok for other reptiles. $350. email [email protected] or 0400 814 549

Where do these idiots come from? :? Maybe in this case the person simply has no idea of the fact that these animals are illegal?? (Hey, I can HOPE that no one's that stupid, can't I?) :roll:

Crikey. How bloody ridiculous. Do you think that the powers that be check these sorts of sites out?

are you fishing for a job at nswpw brendon?

:lol: Well, the thought had crossed my mind.. :lol:

It does look like this person is clueless though. I sent them a friendly email explaining the predicament they now find themself in and encouraged them to contact NPWS before they contact him. Also asked that he not release it into a creek for obvious reasons.

Moosenose I think you are missing the point. It is not so much that a wild animal has been taken but the fact that in a time when people in local and state governmets are looking for any excuse to make things more difficult for us herp keepers the last thing we need is for people like this to be giving them ammunition... It is a case of we have to protect ourselves and each other from these people because otherwise they are going to be the undoing of us all. Who is worse the bank robber or the person who catches them??????????? I will leave you to ponder................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back