Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
again a lot of people have different opinions, but i have successfully kept my snakes together. as in this pic, i have my diamond and coastal together. they often do this and before people ask is this the only heat source, no its not. i have 3 different basking spots in my tank, and most of the time they all bask together like this especially these 2. i dont think there is a problem with it, depending on the species that are kept together and the size of the tank.;)

Attachments

• vader.jet.jpg
    vader.jet.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 158
i keep a jungle & coastal together. they curl up to together. What i want to know is which snakes cant be keept toghether because of cannabislism. I wouldnt leave my scrub python together with my water python.
All animals should have separate enclousers ,except when breeding as they will all munch down on each other they might be great together for years , then one day eat the other cheers

Im sorry snake trader but i probly wouldnt be calling gozz a noob. From everything i have gathered from this forum and seen some pics of snakes gozz has produced, He is a experience keeper. Just because he has a different oppion to you. From what i know gozz has been keeping and producing top quility reptiles for some time. More people should be taking advice from the likes of him!

I have two (3yo) MD's together and I just take one out and put in a tub to feed, wait an hour, then return to the enclosure. I used to feed them together and supervise, but once I got distracted by my 3yo son and came back to #1 holding on to #2 and #2 coiled around #1's head! Very interesting extraction but all were ok and I learnt my lesson!
Supervision is the key, should you choose to feed together :)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, if our two weren't together, they'd fret, I'm sure. They're the cuddliest pair of snugglebunnies I know.
Many shops I go into have more than one snake in an enclosure. Currently, Gully Reptiles has four Diamonds in together, plus, in other cages, a pair of olives, MD's, and one other pair, cna't remember what they are. So yes, if they are similar in size, not a problem. Ours have been together constantly now for three years. No problems. It may depend on the temperament of the snake, but it works!!

So long as they are of similar size and similar species most well fed snakes live together happily
Only notable exceptions are BHPs, Womas, and some Elapids
Some of my snakes are 15 plus years old and have never lived alone
The most important thing is that repiles are well fed
Second is to feed them seperately
I always try to have at least one large female in the mix as this calms the large males down

The new DEC rules about housing requirements may put an end to this argument

mandatory rules or best practise suggestions?

I keep some adult pythons together but only ever in male / female pairs - one pair to an enclosure... and they are fine..
But I always feed them in tubs seperately though and never in their enclosure.

But I wouldnt 'recomend' it to new keepers..

I keep 2 diamonds in the same enlosure they love it curl up andover top of each other hide in the same cave even though there are heaps of caves....... feeding and going for food should never be a problem because you shouldnt feed them in their enclosure that way when you put your hand in there to get them they are never gonna think its food i always feed mine in a seperate tub or enclosure.

i keep my snakes together with all my snakes u neva get 1 with out the other they always together in there enclosure there all have heaps of hides but no there in the same 1

Do you think you can accurately and consistency monitor the stress levels of your snakes? Do you want to risk (even if this risk is remote) the health and life of not one, but possibly both of your snakes? Yes, it can be done. It can also be done with serious consequences. It's up to you.

I currently keep a pair of womas seperately, however, a friend of mine is encouraging me to upgrade to a larger enclosure and keep them together. He has been breeding womas, and currently keeps 2 adult males together with a female woma.

My snakes are still immature and about 80cm long and yes, i'm still undecided on to whether to keep them together....

Keep em together

I keep my pythons together , no problems. Just make sure you feed them separately. These are 12-18 months old snakes. No problems, no stress and they just curl up together. They all went to the vet last week, he commented how healthy they all are. When adults they will be housed as pairs only. Enjoy your snakes.

Yeap, will do as you and my friend advices. Would be so much easier to have one enclosure to deal with. Just mean i can buy more snakes!

Yup, I've been feeding my snakes in their individual 'feeding click-clacks' so, feeding should not be a problem.

Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back