Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he is het for Albino.
I plan to combine the Caramel RPMs with the Albino next season which will produce Caramel RPMs that are het for Albino. Then I plan to breed the caramel het for albino RPM back to another Albino and get a Caramel Albino RPM. There is also the Caramel RPM to Caramel combination that will hopefully throw something different to what you see again, but this is still unproven to date.

Who knows what these outcomes will look like as it is combining the Caramel, Albino and RPM genetics, so the results really will be something special. An exciting few generations and combinations are not far away for the designer snake lovers

The super caramel jag is a stunning snake!!! best of luck with that project :D
jagcar.jpg

photo taken from paul harris's site ukpythons.

albinomating.jpgalbinofollicles.jpg

Thought I would post up some pics of the progress of the Albino RPM project.

To date I have witnessed numerous matings by the young 100% het RPM with the ALBINO. With every mating I am becoming a little more confident of a succesful breeding of an ALBINO RPM this season.

As you may notice in the second pic, the female is developing follicles with noticable scale separation. I am noticing she is seeking out extra heat and coiling her rear half loosely. Fingers crossed......

Looking good BARRAMUNDI, goodluck with them.

Can someone please enlighten me. I don't understand putting albinos to other forms except for maybe axanthic (trying to produce snow). Why would you put say an albino over a het RPM? IMO it will come out still looking like any other albino. I thought the whole thing with RPM's was the amazing contrast in colours that's highlighted with a reduced pattern. I don't see that happening in the albino version. Maybe I'm wrong. I also hear of people crossing albinos into other carpets and I don't understand why. I believe that they'll turn out just like any albino Darwin when albino crosses come out. The only cross that I think might be majorly different is diamonds because you could potentially get a mostly white snake with small yellow dots on it. I'd love to hear why people think they'll be different.

Ben, please don't take this as me having a go at you, as it is far from that. I'm just curious as to the why and what results you and others are hoping to get from this cross.

So far there has only been 2 people (I think) worldwide who have bred an Albino RPM/JAG. You will notice that most standard Albino juveniles appear quite washed out, even ugly. However ALBINO RPMs/JAGs appear cleaner, more defined and boldly marked.

How they progress as they mature is yet to be seen, but comparison pics of standard ALBINOs and ALBINO RPM/JAGs after their first shed clearly shows the RPM/JAG ALBINOs to be cleaner and more attractive at that stage.

Probably the main reason is to combine genetics, with further cross's to CARAMELS and in the future even ALBINO RPM to ALBINO RPM, such cross's and further line breeding will produce some new morphs, colourations and patterns......

Definitely some exciting time ahead in the world of morphs! I for one am pumped to see whats around the corner...

Good luck with your pairing Barramundi!

Looks like he's giving it a good go there Barra got my fingers crossed and good luck with your result.

cheers
Scott

There are currently at least 6 albino jags in the world, perhaps a few more, produced by a total of 5 breeders in the US and Europe.

Its not entirely true that they are nicer looking, in fact in half of them it was difficult to tell if they were jags at all , due to the lack of contrast.

The normal mutt albinos that will be produced alongside the albino jags will also be`less colorfull than pure darwin albinos. What makes the darwin albinos so colorfull is the brown pigments seen in the normal darwins, which turns orange in the albinos. By breeding coastal blood into them, you are reducing the brown and the result will be less colorfull albinos.

This is exactly what happened when jags became available in the US and Europe, it started an unprecendented wave of hybridization. It seems to be doing exactly the same thing in Australia and it will have the same result.

Nick

couple of caramels

Attachments

• DSC02967.jpg
    DSC02967.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 111
  • DSC02931.JPG
    DSC02931.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC02962.jpg
    DSC02962.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC02965.jpg
    DSC02965.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 108
if you reduce the pattern enuff wouldnt you get a patternless(white) albino? with a few orange spots down the sides?

AM Pythons,
I think you could get a more white python.
but until we get the zebra gene I doubt we'll ever get a completly patternless morelia.

There are currently at least 6 albino jags in the world, perhaps a few more, produced by a total of 5 breeders in the US and Europe.

Its not entirely true that they are nicer looking, in fact in half of them it was difficult to tell if they were jags at all , due to the lack of contrast.

The normal mutt albinos that will be produced alongside the albino jags will also be`less colorfull than pure darwin albinos. What makes the darwin albinos so colorfull is the brown pigments seen in the normal darwins, which turns orange in the albinos. By breeding coastal blood into them, you are reducing the brown and the result will be less colorfull albinos.

This is exactly what happened when jags became available in the US and Europe, it started an unprecendented wave of hybridization. It seems to be doing exactly the same thing in Australia and it will have the same result.

Nick

Hi Nick

They definately are hard to tell apart as new hatchlings, however after their first shed the ALBINO RPM/JAGs definately seem to show more contrast, they have a much paler background colour that has a tinge of lemon yellow look to it and of course the unique reduced head and body pattern. If the colouring up of regular RPM/JAGs is anything to go by, then the ALBINO RPM/JAGs will certainly intensify dramatically more as they grow.

The pictures of ALBINO RPM/JAGs after their first shed that I have seen (morelia pythons forum) certainly appear more striking than standard ALBINO hatchlings. I think most ALBINO breeders in Australia will agree that the majority of standard ALBINO hatchlings are quite ordinary looking even after 4 or 5 sheds. They have little contrast and appear almost smudgy brown/pink in colour. Once they reach about 12 months of age they certainly become extremely attractive.

In regards to reducing the Brown colouration in Albinos by mixing in coastal blood, I think you are a bit off the mark there.

You are definately right that the brown or dark colouration increases the vibrant orange and contrast. But I think most people will agree that Coastals in general have just as much dark colouration, sometimes even darker and more of it. Therefore there will be little to no difference in the end result as far as colouration and contrast is concerned.

are you able to link us to pics of the baby albino jag/rpm's mate?i tried searching but had no luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back