Carpet+ball=Carpalls. Pictures inside

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
heres part of his add on kingsnake

I believe this is a first. I crossed a Irian Jaya Python to a Ball Python and this is what I got. This pair has yet to shed, but has eaten two meals unassisted. The pictures are labeled. If you have any questions please contact me.
The price is $6000.00 for the pair plus shipping. I can ship either Fed Ex or Delta. Or they can be picked up in Daytona.

suppose its one way to earn a quid ,
but not my cup of tea

Roger
There are all types of snake keepers and all types of snakes. I think the hobby is great, but it has to be able to support itself. Sorry they are not your cup of tea, but maybe someone will like a pair. Todd

hey tmshaffer.. i was just wondering.. how many eggs u actually got out of this match.. ?? Do ball pythons have more or less eggs in a clutch than carpets??
Just interested to know the finer details??
It is very interesting to say the least.. specially since these snakes are obviously totally different..
Did they have more of the ball python heads or the carpet heads?? and the bodies.. ?? how did they turn out.. stumpy like balls or long and thin like carpets??
thanx

Ball Pythons have fewer eggs than Carpets. Carpets average over 20. Ball pythons average 5-8. I got two clutches of Ball Python one was 5 eggs and one was 8. I would say they lean more towards the carpet in looks and attitude.

Started with over 20 eggs started incubating 17 ended up with 7 eggs hatching I got lucky and got two pairs of twins. SO total was 7 eggs hatched with 9 snakes. One died after a week or so. Here are some more picture. Thanks for looking Todd

Attachments

• P6230046m.jpg
    P6230046m.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 43
  • P6230064f.jpg
    P6230064f.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 52
  • P6230068.jpg
    P6230068.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 45
2209047769_22b220441c.jpg

Updated shot

They look really nice and I would proudly have one of your carpalls.

Cheers Tam

Mutt or not, pretty is pretty and that is a nice looking snake. Granted it may not compare with most forms of aussie python but I can really see the pet appeal.

OK ,Please explain this,we have several different python species that live side by side such as scrubs and carpets,stimsons,macs etc how did you actually get these to breed did you just put the male in with the female after cooling etc and hope for the best or is it done by artificial insemination?

We have many differing species of pythons living side by side or within the same localities here in Oz so what's stopping them from hybridising when you can get a carpet to mate with a ball python of all pythons...it has me completely bamboozled..yes we have intergrades of certain species but they are within the same family of snakes however how you get a carpet to mate with a ball python which occurs in a completely different country just makes me wonder how you get them to actually mate???

OK ,Please explain this,we have several different python species that live side by side such as scrubs and carpets,stimsons,macs etc how did you actually get these to breed did you just put the male in with the female after cooling etc and hope for the best or is it done by artificial insemination?

We have many differing species of pythons living side by side or within the same localities here in Oz so what's stopping them from hybridising when you can get a carpet to mate with a ball python of all pythons...it has me completely bamboozled..yes we have intergrades of certain species but they are within the same family of snakes however how you get a carpet to mate with a ball python which occurs in a completely different country just makes me wonder how you get them to actually mate???

Vodka.

It works with humans :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back