Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scorps

Hello everyone,

As the title suggests I am just curious on what everyones thoughts would be when these guys start hitting the market?

cheers

Ben

Do you want my right one or my left one, i would even let you use a blunt knife for one of these !!!!

Attachments

• Jagprondo.jpg
    Jagprondo.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 909
I agree with Remingon. they're ugly, too in my opinion.

what happened to everyone's opinions a couple of years back when everyone was ready to shoot anyone on site with any crossbreed?! Now most of you are condoning it?! wow, amazing how things change, everyone is jumping on the band wagon.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

As the title suggests I am just curious on what everyones thoughts would be when these guys start hitting the market?

cheers

Ben
I dont think they will be hitting the market scorps. If you got them. breed them. dont tell anyone. keep the best one and kull the rest.

Scorps, you're a troll... tut tut...

But as the thread requests - I am of neutral concern... Personally I won't be owning one, and secondly, they're not a naturally occurring snake so I'd prefer not to own one, and finally - they're just not that awesome... I prefer my plan ol' morelia over that... much more entertainment!

I dont think they will be hitting the market scorps. If you got them. breed them. dont tell anyone. keep the best one and kull the rest.

Why not? Jags are hitting the market and they have a very shady background in regards to their importation, their mixed parentage and some of the potential neuro issues. Its only a matter of time till these show up, hybrids are now accepted by many as part of the hobby, its not going to stop at jags and other carpet hybrids

Ooooooooooh don't know if id buy one, but would love too see one... hopefully carpetpythons bring something special to the Vic expo :)

there soo good... id buy one and id so breed one... most of you people sound like stuck up parents hanging out of the front of there kids kindagarted bragging on how perfect of a parent they are and how terrible everyone els is.... and judge other parents just cause there kids play in the dirt or do what normal kids do.. live and let live in no way does cross breeding effect any of you people.. you will all be keen as when your breeding normal carpets and there only going for 10$$ where as these ones are going for 1000$ id put my whole collection up if most the top breeders arnt experementing.. to some one coming into the hobby do you think they care about pure bred pythons? in some cases yes but most people if they see a crazy looking python im sure they would care less if it took a rough scaled x green tree python to get this result

Jags have already shown that mixing species can be fraught with danger
In saying that there are some very beautiful specimens out there
Possibly selective breeding of these will result in stronger strains

Carpondros definitely fit into the aberration class
They seen to include only the worst traits of both species

Chondros are recognised world wide as a spectacular snake
Why destroy beauty to say "Look at my new toy"

Up here there are lots of players trying to cross retics and burmese
Those results have been so far past amazing it is scary
Absolutely spectacular looking snakes

I agree with Remingon. they're ugly, too in my opinion.

what happened to everyone's opinions a couple of years back when everyone was ready to shoot anyone on site with any crossbreed?! Now most of you are condoning it?! wow, amazing how things change, everyone is jumping on the band wagon.

What annoys me is that the 'purists' say they hate every single hybrid....... if it was a pure animal that looked exactly the same they would love it!

The people who support or are neutral to hybrids can appreciate a hot looking hybrid and an ugly one..... also can admit a hot or ugly pure animal.

I have always liked certain hybrids, and dislike others.

It is not that people are jumping on the ''bandwagon'', its just with more acceptance they are more likely to voice their opinions as they are less likely to get slammed by people like you.

"most of you people sound like stuck up parents hanging out of the front of there kids kindagarted bragging on how perfect of a parent they are and how terrible everyone els is."

Lol!

You might be surprised how many people still only want uncrossed animals. There is a small group of crossbreeders/smugglers/jaggers who are making a lot of noise at the moment in the mad rush to make some coin, but how long do think it will last? In 6 -9 years time the market will be soaked with these creations and all of a sudden these "ball tearing, cracker jack, latest craze" snakes will be off tap. Once there's a heap of them, and most will be retarded with symptoms of neuro disease,and dirt cheap, they won't look as pretty anymore. I actually feel sorry for the snakes.

Where there is breeding of these animals there will be plenty of snake executions, so your comment about "the normal kids", well .... normal people don't breed animals with known genetic deformities, or kill offspring because they are worth nothing.

"Top breeders" What a joke!, snakes aren't hard to breed mate, its not flaming rocket science.Lol!

ill admit its nice but i prefer the look of the normal greens.. something just doesnt sit with me right. the greens are stunners without playing around with extra patterns that take away from the overall beauty of the animal. just my 2c

Do you want my right one or my left one, i would even let you use a blunt knife for one of these !!!!

I would use blunt knife to cut its head off .... no! Sorry, I would use blunt knife to cut off the sixth finger on the breeders right hand.... that would still leave him with 3 eyes and 3 legs. Hell, sharpen that knife!

personal opinion, i wouldnt own one. i like my snakes the way nature intended, thats just me.

Gee, im glad you didnt include my sweet bread in that post, i think you might take both of them!!!!

I would use blunt knife to cut its head off .... no! Sorry, I would use blunt knife to cut off the sixth finger on the breeders right hand.... that would still leave him with 3 eyes and 3 legs. Hell, sharpen that knife!

Im neutral on the subject, was basically interested in everyones oppinion's, if you remember or scan old threads on this site you will find everyone accept say1 out of 20 people hated hybrids, now jags are accepted, so I belive its only a matter of time,

Why in the states there also crossing spotteds with bredli, so who knows what will come of this, and Im sure everyones seen "the australian dream" If my memmory serves me right it was a bhp cross carpet, and everyone in the states loved it so who knows what will happen in the future of reptiles in Australia

Cheers

Ben

What annoys me is that the 'purists' say they hate every single hybrid....... if it was a pure animal that looked exactly the same they would love it!

The people who support or are neutral to hybrids can appreciate a hot looking hybrid and an ugly one..... also can admit a hot or ugly pure animal.

I have always liked certain hybrids, and dislike others.

It is not that people are jumping on the ''bandwagon'', its just with more acceptance they are more likely to voice their opinions as they are less likely to get slammed by people like you.

Totally agree. I am neutral on hybrids and don't have much interest in buying any (especially with some incredible pure line morphs like Axanthic BHP and Albino Olives on the wish *cough* dream list!) with but with people starting to create different things I am definately curious to see the results and where it's all going. And this particular hybrid doesn't excite me so much, but I do really like the look of Orange Peppers.

Last edited:
I am also neutral on this - my previous post was just bit of a fun. However, have you noticed how all the hybrids reduce the best morphological qualities out of both species, leaving the dull colours as a result?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back