Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also maybe it should be compulsory for cat and dog owners to keep their animals restrained on their property,

I beleive it already is in many areas, however such legislations come within the duristriction of councils locally who often seem to enforce or fail to enforce such things on a whim.
In general enforcing such legislation has its own problems and isnt as simple as it would seem either.

Yes, our coucnil brought in registration for cats, then went on public TV and said they would not be enforcing it at all.

In general enforcing such legislation has its own problems and isnt as simple as it would seem either.
probably not, but I think it's still a step in the right direction at least.

compulsory sterilisation of non breeding dogs and cats would also be another step in the right direction IMO, also microchiping them to identify (if needed) animals that were dumped or causing a problem... their owner's could then be held accountable..

I don't think that OUZO has run short of logical argument Colin
Unless i missed something there never was any logical arguements for thinking its good to leave cats to kill and torture our wildlife. Apart from some apparently baseless accusations(or blatent lies) about cruelty and the regular poorly thought out bleeding heart BS. By allowing a cat to live roaming free(if its yours or not) you are responcible for all the animals it kills and tortures, removing/killing free roaming cats is very good karma or whatever.

Do you fail to understand that killing an animal can be benificial in some circumstances?
some ppl seem to have a problem with ppl who kill cats to save our wildlife, you are the cruelest ppl.

If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem, Ouzo an Co. you are part of the problem.

put your4x2's away and pick up a pen.
OK, Im typing is that close enough, a possum trap works better than a 4x2 anyway IMO

Rabbits are not and never have been effectively controled by cats, mixomatosis? and calicy?(hmm spelling) and possibly fences are the only things that have been effective in controlling rabbits. Cats are not needed for anything in our bush and they are causing alot of damage. What you are saying about feral animals is partly true for some species but not at all for cats, canetoads and probably many others.

but when it comes to this issue, i think a brick wall is needed to beat your head against.
I will continue to bash my head against this brick wall till it softens up and these ppl see logic(if that is possible).

I live in an area where (once upon a time) it was not only legal, but legally required to kill feral cats (haven't checked the laws lately so it may or may not be the case now). Not the use of the word FERAL please. FERAL cats are obviously a problem, that goes without saying. What also SHOULD go without saying - but apparently doesn't here - is that there is just something fundamentally wrong with wanting to beat something to death. It's one thing to argue that there is a need for something to be humanely killed, it's another thing entirely to skyte about wanting to bash the life out of another living being. I don't care how you run rings around logic trying to argue that it's necessary to kill something in that fashion. The only time I have ever heard a justification for doing anything like that which rang true and made sense was Hugsta last night or the night before, talking about the cat in his yard that was dying a slow and horrible death.

I must agree with Zoe and the person who up until this point was my husband to be....who apparently is my wife to be :shock: :lol: I've always wondered what being a lesbian was like :D
Do you fail to understand that killing an animal can be benificial in some circumstances?
Do YOU fail to understand that most of us "cat lovers" or "bleeding heart women" have actually made the point that we DO agree with the humane killing of feral cats, or are you simply ignoring that point? :lol:

I personally would rather be "part of the problem" (especially since in this case I'm actually not) than someone who would take pleasure out of killing another living being in a manner as brutal or sadistic as bashing.

Of all the things to reply to in Kersten's post....you chose that? Not going to say anything about the points she made which were relevant to the topic at hand?

Do YOU fail to understand that most of us "cat lovers" or "bleeding heart women" have actually made the point that we DO agree with the humane killing of feral cats, or are you simply ignoring that point?

Lmao THANK YOU KERSTEN!!!!! You understood it because you're a woman :lol: ;)

Apart from some apparently baseless accusations(or blatent lies) about cruelty and the regular poorly thought out bleeding heart BS.

Cris, in your whole month and a half of membership here on aps the cat fight hasn't been anywhere near what it has in the past. I couldn't even count the amount of times that people have spoken about how they hate cats (which is fine) and want them all to die suffering (which isn't fine). I'd appreciate if you didn't call what I'm saying BS unless you actually have a clue what you're talking about.

Ummm Zoe....I think Kris is starting to feel a little "insecure" about his "manhood"....he understood it too.... :lol:

Kersten said:
Ummm Zoe....I think Kris is starting to feel a little "insecure" about his "manhood"....he understood it too.... :lol:

Don't worry Kris, i have a box of tissues for us both, as i understand too :(

Well he's either that or the hairiest woman I know :shock: :lol:

He says thanks, he needed to have a weep and get further in touch with his feminine side. I personally think he's embracing it TOO much :shock:

YUM YUM

I am sure that the people who are saying that they hate cats cause they kill birds and other wild life are probably saying so at the same time as munching down on roast chicken for dinner YUM YUM. Humans kill more wild life than any other animal in world. We all need to be cocerned about the bigger picture. Cant we all just get along man????

OuZo said:
Do you guys believe that it's the RIGHT thing to do to be killing off Burmese pythons in the wild in Florida because they don't belong there?

Definitely! They do not belong there anymore than cats belong here... and they have great capacity to destroy Florida's native wild life.

YUM YUM

ricky said:
I am sure that the people who are saying that they hate cats cause they kill birds and other wild life are probably saying so at the same time as munching down on roast chicken for dinner YUM YUM. Humans kill more wild life than any other animal in world. We all need to be cocerned about the bigger picture. Cant we all just get along man????

Most of the meat I eat is "farmed" life not "wild" life technically, I can't speak for everyone though. I do know what you're saying and yes we, as a species, are responsible for more (by far!!!) extinctions than any other species, but most of what we eat now days is sustainable.
I once read about a species of small ground dwelling bird on a small island off New Zealand that was completely wiped out in 6 months because a lighthouse keeper moved in with his cat. NOTE, I say its the owner's fault, but a single cat wiped out an entire species in 6 months!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back