Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok then

some of the experts started as cowboys , and still are .
ok but do they start threads like this, or just do the job and be done with it.... no need to brag about it on a internet forum

snake catchers cost around $30-$50 in the redland bay area im sure one of them will come and do it. never do it without first doing the appropriate training a hospital bed will be waiting for you best call the ambos in advance

I did a course.

So did I. While I don't consider myself a professional at least I have valuable education behind me to give me some idea about what I am dealing with. And I am not afraid to step down if I don't think I can do the job. Those browns are very intimidating, a cranky red belly is no fun either, rearing up with a flat neck, and I also think about what I am doing to that poor animal. I learnt the hard way when I didn't request ppl to restrain their dogs. That beautiful big snake that should have been a catch and release ended up requiring care when one's dog rushed in and bit the snake as I reached down to pick it up. I was so annoyed at myself. I didn't think about the dogs and that cost the animal's welfare. I handed the snake over to somebody more experienced to do the care work. Fortunately the snake recovered and been released. But I learnt a HUGE lesson there, and always insist ppl lock up their dogs before I even start looking.

go catch it, I wouldnt be spending 300 on something I could do myself, its a red belly... just pick it up and stick it in a bag, bloody simple. and dont listen to anybody who says you shouldnt or whinges about it being illegal etc

go catch it, I wouldnt be spending 300 on something I could do myself, its a red belly... just pick it up and stick it in a bag, bloody simple. and dont listen to anybody who says you shouldnt or whinges about it being illegal etc
I'd bet you would bare your 3 hair'd manly chest while doing it too .....

There isnt any point in thinking your a hero for doing it just get the snake out before someone gets hurt, thats all i can say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back