Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
iv,e been bitten buy a red belly because i breed them so i rest my case EXPERTS:lol:

Hey kiddies,

Don't go playing with venomous snakes.....

Ohh and for the people that say its just a red belly....there have been deaths from species thought to be less toxic...it just depends on how you react to the proteins within the venom.....

Cheers,
Scott

iv,e been bitten buy a red belly because i breed them so i rest my case EXPERTS:lol:
And your point being?......There are people out there that drive cars to mate ...but we all know they shouldnt have a license or a car ....:rolleyes:.
Your last post only proves why your first one is even more stupid ...

The only difference I see with the person that started this thread and some people who replied is the Original poster publicly admitted what he was doing while others keep it on the hush;)

Sorry to say but being a licensed snake remover doesn't automatically make your techniques any better nor give you a better knowledge of elapids.

How does everyone know he has no experience? How do you know he didnt want you guys to wish him luck cause the snake is in the wall and it is a lot trickier to catch one in the wall then under a couch?

How does everyone know he has no experience? How do you know he didnt want you guys to wish him luck cause the snake is in the wall and it is a lot trickier to catch one in the wall then under a couch?

Simple

I'm a jedi

The only difference I see with the person that started this thread and some people who replied is the Original poster publicly admitted what he was doing while others keep it on the hush;)

Sorry to say but being a licensed snake remover doesn't automatically make your techniques any better nor give you a better knowledge of elapids.
No but being a licensed catcher does give me the hands up of having done alot of catch and relocate ..and being able to take a quick decisive action if needed ..where a person that is not familair with wild species ,might not be so quick to act ...

No but being a licensed catcher does give me the hands up of having done alot of catch and relocate ..and being able to take a quick decisive action if needed ..where a person that is not familair with wild species ,might not be so quick to act ...

Sorry I didn't know that licenses were accounted to skill attribute or knowledge.
And I think I would rather a person which could identify a tiger snake;)

Sorry I didn't know that licenses were accounted to skill attribute or knowledge.
And I think I would rather a person which could identify a tiger snake;)

Maybe some places hand out the licenses all too easy but I had to not only do a course but show that I was capable of catching and bagging the snakes before I was given the ok to take my training back to FAWNA. In most cases, getting a license requires your effort to complete the training, not just turning up and accepting the piece of paper.

RBB has had a lot more experience than I have. I think I could accept her judgement anyday. I often wish I had the likes of you to come out with me on my calls. I did training catching snakes in open paddocks, not in cluttered sheds that seems to be the more common place to find them.

Maybe some places hand out the licenses all too easy but I had to not only do a course but show that I was capable of catching and bagging the snakes before I was given the ok to take my training back to FAWNA. In most cases, getting a license requires your effort to complete the training, not just turning up and accepting the piece of paper.

RBB has had a lot more experience than I have. I think I could accept her judgement anyday.

Except if the snake happened to be a tiger snake?:lol:

At the end of the day, nobody can stop you from doing it if your mind is already made up... that's one of the most concerning things...

We have rules and regulations in place, in my opinion, not to protect ourselves, but to protect the animals from bogan cowboys who don't know what they're doing. These fools who run in with pilstrom tongues, or try to head grab vens, and end up doing more damage than good. Let's have some respect for these animals people... They've been around a hell of a lot longer than us, and for the most part, we don't have any issues with them.

$200-$300 was a gross exaggeration, but regardless of the cost, experts deserve to be paid for their efforts. They drive out in their vehicle, using their petrol, use their own equipment to catch the snake, risk their own life instead of yours... Just think, you pay $15-20 to drive your car through an automated car wash, but people complain about $50-70 to have a venomous snake removed from their residence... For all of our 'achievements' human beings really are a waste of space.

Ultimately, I hope that you leave it alone... If you don't, I hope that if anyone is going to get hurt, it's you, and not the poor animal. And next time you think of posting some chest banging macho post, in some lame attempt to reaffirm how tough you are... don't. Go drink a beer and crush the can on your forehead, or chop some wood, or eat a big steak... something that will stroke your ego without irritating other people, and putting animals at risk.

Except if the snake happened to be a tiger snake?:lol:
elapid ..if it is what I think your reffering too ..it was in another forum and that was a joke ,hence the smiley emots with their tongues hanging out ...
anyway if you really wanted to have a POKE WITH A STICK at me ..ya shouldve just asked
..as I admit to making ID mistakes and actually have done so on here ..tis only a matter of going back through the threads ..let me help ya out ..as a matter of fact the other day ..went to a call ..was told by the people that it was a RBBS hanging around their fish pond ...got there, sure enough, there is a fat black snake in a crevis of their rock feature wall ...so presuming the facts ,of it being around a pond ,and they said they saw it ..and I got a look at it ,even though it was in a dark crevis,and I couldnt see it well , lighting wasnt actually the best ..BUT as I got to catch the snake and hook it out ..it wasnt a RBBS ..it was a very very very dark EB fat and around 4 feet long ..so I made another ID mistake(for a brief moment) ..that should keep you going untill next time I post one now ;)

And I still believe what I have posted about licensed catchers ..we may not be 100% all the time .but coming into regular catches and situations ,our strategy is better and overall safety ,for both ourselves and the snake s involved ..and you dont always have experience when you first get your permit ,but after a few years of catching ,you certainly get to know how a wild snake can react in situations ...

elapid ..if it is what I think your reffering too ..it was in another forum and that was a joke ,hence the smiley emots with their tongues hanging out ...
anyway if you really wanted to have a POKE WITH A STICK at me ..ya shouldve just asked
..as I admit to making ID mistakes and actually have done so on here ..tis only a matter of going back through the threads ..let me help ya out ..as a matter of fact the other day ..went to a call ..was told by the people that it was a RBBS hanging around their fish pond ...got there, sure enough, there is a fat black snake in a crevis of their rock feature wall ...so presuming the facts ,of it being around a pond ,and they said they saw it ..and I got a look at it ,even though it was in a dark crevis,and I couldnt see it well , lighting wasnt actually the best ..BUT as I got to catch the snake and hook it out ..it wasnt a RBBS ..it was a very very very dark EB fat and around 4 feet long ..so I made another ID mistake(for a brief moment) ..that should keep you going untill next time I post one now ;)

And I still believe what I have posted about licensed catchers ..we may not be 100% all the time .but coming into regular catches and situations ,our strategy is better and overall safety ,for both ourselves and the snake s involved ..and you dont always have experience when you first get your permit ,but after a few years of catching ,you certainly get to know how a wild snake can react in situations ...

So how can you say your better equipped to deal with situations when you can't make an I.D that a lot of 15 year old keepers can?
I'm not saying that you need to be 100% but I see that you do try to carry yourself as an expert on these and other forums and sometimes your information is just plain wrong.
To say that doing a course will make you a great remover/handler is crap.. the best in the hobby learned from hands on experience

So how can you say your better equipped to deal with situations when you can't make an I.D that a lot of 15 year old keepers can?
I'm not saying that you need to be 100% but I see that you do try to carry yourself as an expert on these and other forums and sometimes your information is just plain wrong.
To say that doing a course will make you a great remover/handler is crap.. the best in the hobby learned from hands on experience
And YOU have never made an ID mistake ? is that what your saying...?(never claimed to be 100% perfect buddy)
the most important thing about catching wether its a python or a ven ..is to treat that animal with RESPECT that they all deserve...The problem with half of these cowboys is they lack that simple but crucial point ..RESPECT ..it is what saves you and keeps you out of hospital ... If what your saying is anyone that thinks they can catch a ven go for it ..cause ya gotta learn somewhere....thats just bloody ridiculous ..laws are in place wether they believe it or not ..and learning from your mistakes is what keeps you moving ahead ..so trying to shame me on this forum about making ID mistakes as a catcher ..doesnt worry me ..what does is people that think by watching a you tube vid catching a snake ..makes them know how to do and just go ahead ..is the worrying part ..

And YOU have never made an ID mistake ? is that what your saying...?(never claimed to be 100% perfect buddy)
the most important thing about catching wether its a python or a ven ..is to treat that animal with RESPECT that they all deserve...The problem with half of these cowboys is they lack that simple but crucial point ..RESPECT ..it is what saves you and keeps you out of hospital ... If what your saying is anyone that thinks they can catch a ven go for it ..cause ya gotta learn somewhere....thats just bloody ridiculous ..laws are in place wether they believe it or not ..and learning from your mistakes is what keeps you moving ahead ..so trying to shame me on this forum about making ID mistakes as a catcher ..doesnt worry me ..what does is people that think by watching a you tube vid catching a snake ..makes them know how to do and just go ahead ..is the worrying part ..

I think the thread that you were grilling that kid in explains what type of person you are. He was asking for general questions and you went on interrogating him with questions he didn't need to know nor should he have known. I can only assume you knew the answers yourself as you were using a reference book perhaps Graeme Gow's?

I would just think that someone as great as yourself would be able to I.D one of the easiest in the whole Australian Elapid family. I can't think of any snake which looks even remotely close to that of a tiger, especially when you take in to account the head shape.
Point is he is free to do as he pleases and which ever laws he breaks is of no concern to you.
If he decided to go ahead and do it and got bitten it's his own fault, and I'm sure he knows that as well as anybody else does.

In short I think you are exactly the opposite of what a snake remover/licensed handler should be. And I can only assume you do it because you enjoy telling people what you do for a living.
Most of the great people in this hobby that I have met have been some of the most humble and understanding....your the exact opposite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back