Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ELAPID ..did we forget to take our happy pills today? ..as I have seen you have a few sharp shots at some others too ...As I said bring it on ..if you wanna rant go for it ..say what ya want ..its all water off a ducks back ..and your recycling old threads ...to use as a bit of public ammo .... do you want me to put on my super APS vest and suck snot for you ?
Or you had enough now ,and are happy to crawl back down under your rock ?
leave that choice up to you ..but please, fill me in ,so I can play this game ;)

what was this discussion originally about? I seemed to have forgotten as one person has turned it into an opportunity to go on and on and on blah blah blah :rolleyes: about another person making an identification error. Get over it! We all know mistakes happen.
If you want to make a point to someone about something they did wrong (and if it has nothing to do with the original post) send them a bloody PM. The rest of us don't want to know about it!

ELAPID ..did we forget to take our happy pills today? ..as I have seen you have a few sharp shots at some others too ...As I said bring it on ..if you wanna rant go for it ..say what ya want ..its all water off a ducks back ..and your recycling old threads ...to use as a bit of public ammo .... do you want me to put on my super APS vest and suck snot for you ?
Or you had enough now ,and are happy to crawl back down under your rock ?
leave that choice up to you ..but please, fill me in ,so I can play this game ;)

Humility,humbleness- you possess neither attributes.

I think I would rather call my 10 year old neighbor to remove a snake than call you

Humility,humbleness- you possess neither attributes.

I think I would rather call my 10 year old neighbor to remove a snake than call you
Well that just works out fine ..cause what I would charge you having to drive to NSW ..wouldnt wanna see ya living in a cardboard box after that fee ...now you finished or you still want to keep playing APS tennis ? if so ..its your serve ;)

Well that just works out fine ..cause what I would charge you having to drive to NSW ..wouldnt wanna see ya living in a cardboard box after that fee ...now you finished or you still want to keep playing APS tennis ? if so ..its your serve ;)

Maybe you missed the point. I wouldn't call you even if you lived next door.

Hey do you ride bareback or with a saddle?

Maybe you missed the point. I wouldn't call you even if you lived next door.

Hey do you ride bareback or with a saddle?
Arent you bored yet?..here I will give you the advantage ..I gotta go so you get to freely put up another one ..and I cant reply ..for a while ...

u know what i cant believe people start threads like this, just have a go and keep it to urself.

treat the snake with respect and be prepared to get tagged

I learnt snake catching the hard way as a kid back in the mid sixties. The only reference to catching was by Eric Worrell in his book (Song of the Snake) Back then there wasn't the benefit of handling courses. I was the worry of my parents lives and the only 'bluddy idiot' that played with snakes in all of Bendigo Vic. Over the years i removed and relocated them for free, with the blessing of local authorities. "Go for it mate- were to flamin scared to do it"
I did however charge $50 at time in latter years as by then I had talked with other catchers. Pensioners - free always. This situation continued up untill 1992, when the dept of conservation wrote to me and informned that they were introducing a license for Vic. snake catchers and that for the 'paltry' sum of $600 per year I could continue to remove snakes from houses etc
I thought about this for about two mins. (pay them $600 per year to do their job for them! -yeah right!) I then wrote back and declined their magnanamous offer. I think every other snakey in the state did too! In due course they wrote back saying they'd had a re-think and that the license was now $100 per year. I grudgingly paid and recieved license and record book. Now the instructions on this first licence said that any snake removed I was to kill! Yep you read it right!!!! I wrote back informing them that I was not going to comply and that any removed animal would be taken to local bushland and released as I had always been doing. Others must have objected to as they soon dropped the 'kill it bit'. I had the licence less than a year and returned to them, for many and varied reasons.
I have not been a licenced relocater since. Getting to old anyway.
These days I have a ten acre bush block - been here nearly ten years and have only seen three Browns. First two were captured and relocated - grand kids you know. the third was yesterday in my workshop, which is a mess. I was looking for something when a metre long brown slid past. Had two goes and missed it both times. As I said I'm getting too old.
Keep up the good work you lot!

Sorry I didn't realize I upset you.
Can't wait till your next episode of "Cowboy snake catcher"
Bah ha ha ok ..stares down at the monitor and says "Hi My name is RBB ..and I am NOT smarter then Elapid the 5th grader " ..thanks for watching ..;)

What a joke of a thread..... If a half baked piece of paper makes anyone instantly more capable a handler than someone without the printout.... then may God strike me the janglies with a bolt of lightening... What a crock.... some people need to get off their high horses, as more often than not, that piece of pulp has no more worth than 3 ply, hell at least 3 ply is soft!

No but being a licensed catcher does give me the hands up of having done alot of catch and relocate ..and being able to take a quick decisive action if needed ..where a person that is not familair with wild species ,might not be so quick to act ...

Apparently some can even out maneuver an Adder strike. That's cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back