Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilelove

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi... im quite new to apas and tonight i went on your chat section... i was surprised to see that there was no-one on there that wanted to talk herp.. they were just talking neighbours crap throwing insults around.. i feel it lets you site down and would say that if you have people on this website talking unrelated crap then you should wipe it.. there is plenty of other internet site they can chat on... im not old just mature.. cant be bother with the b***it.. i would love to go to a chat and just talk herps.. instant answer.. that would be great!!!! just thought i would express my opinion anyway...

Just post your questions in a new thread. You will usually get decent replies in a few minutes.

Exactly, dont like it, dont go in there. Theres 2 sections for a reason, if you want to talk herps, go into the herp section. Cant force people to talk about what your interested in.

Come in slinging mud you arent going to get the best reception.
Jordan

As ReptileLove stated in there post. They are new to this and may not realise that there is 2 choices of chat room. It took me a few visits to realise.
Reptile Love have a look at the top of the pert that shows you who is chatting and there is a choice of 2 rooms, chit chat and reptile chat. People use the chit chat one just to catch up with internet friends and chat in general. It isnt really going to win any friends when you come on here and bag them out with out finding out whats going on.
And as far as chief goes, he is one of the few idiots that get on here and ruin it for a lot of others. Ignore it. He probably has a very very small penis.....

Oh My GOD did anyone hear that Kate Ritchie quit home and away?!

Joking...

yeah if you want something answered then just start a thread. There are plenty of boffins here that can help you. And I mean boffins in a good way.

theres lots of ppl that talk about herps u just don't come in at the right time.

i talk about them in chat 90% of the time

As ReptileLove stated in there post. They are new to this and may not realise that there is 2 choices of chat room. It took me a few visits to realise.
Reptile Love have a look at the top of the pert that shows you who is chatting and there is a choice of 2 rooms, chit chat and reptile chat. People use the chit chat one just to catch up with internet friends and chat in general. It isnt really going to win any friends when you come on here and bag them out with out finding out whats going on.
And as far as chief goes, he is one of the few idiots that get on here and ruin it for a lot of others. Ignore it. He probably has a very very small <naughty word>.....

Reptile love came in to chat and accused us of being desperate because we were on a snake forum and not talking about reptiles 24/7.
Fay EXPLAINED to her that there was a herp talk section.
We tried to tell her that we talk to each other all the time, that some of us are friends and we don't want to just talk about reptiles.
Yes it did result in insult slinging I am sad to say but the thing is if you step into a group of people that know each other and the first thing you do is insult them cos they aren't doing things your way the reception is never going to be very good and welcoming.
Reptile Love needs to grow some tolerance balls =)

Not necessarily weirdo's kelly, I have been in there twice & both times I tried to keep up but it just all moves so quick that by the time iv'e typed out my last sentence the conversation has moved on to something else, which must look like i'm lurkin when in actual fact i'm just struggling to keep up with you all LOL. As you have probably noticed I give up pretty quick in the end;)

Forget the idea of a sentence just use single words, or better yet, o words at all, just add random weird icons for no real reason at all.

LOL Australis, I think I was born in the wrong generation for chat, every time I abbreviate a word I actually cringe because it just looks wrong

me to Australis and Kyro.....Us older members need to stick together.

Reptile Love it is a chat room not a university. Get over it. And yes we do talk reptiles in there just not all the time. Check it out at different times. Ask your questions someone will answer them eventually. Put it in a post and most times you will get a reply near on instantly, unless of course you post it at 4.30am.

You know whats worse....when people come in & don't talk and just LURK...
Weirdos...
Every now and then I go in there and say hi and most times nobody responds so I leave. Everyone is really friendly in the threads but I don't get the same vibe in the chat, so I just leave the chatroom for the people who know each other well who seem to get the most out of it. *shrug*

When I pop into chat everybody goes out of their way to be nice to me.

It's nice being a Mod............

:p

Hix

Every now and then I go in there and say hi and most times nobody responds so I leave. Everyone is really friendly in the threads but I don't get the same vibe in the chat, so I just leave the chatroom for the people who know each other well who seem to get the most out of it. *shrug*

you need to do more than just say hello ;P join in on the chat topic, play up, get to know people.

when you first come in, say hi and watch what the topic is about, get a feel of peoples personalities and where the conversation is going then join in.....

the worst thing you can do is start insulting people when you have no idea what its about, as im sure you found out.

oh and a good joke or smart one liners work too :p ;)

i noticed when i first joined alota talk was about who wants to sex who..

there is herp talk in there, just most in chat arent friendly to new people.

which is a real LET DOWN. they have tried usen chat mods to fix problems in chat and sadly all that solves is the cursing and not the bitchyness, as stated theres a herp room.. but seriously no one joins it.. they just talk over each other :)

just give it time,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back