Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dansocks

Reaction score
is there a procedure for getting class 2 licence? a course? test ? what is required? not ready myself yet, though very interested so i am prepared when the time comes. thanx in advance. Dan ;)

You need to call DECC/NPWS and ask them to send you out an application form. Simply fill it out, send it in with payment and that is all there is too it (providing you meet all the criteria). Class 2 for vens is a bit different (a few extra requirements to meet).

I think you need to have held a class one license for a certain period (like 2 years or something).

I think you need to have held a class one license for a certain period (like 2 years or something).

... and be over 18, and you need to have held a similar species to that of which you intend to keep for a certain period (12 months i think it is?).

thanks mate. not really interested in venoms. what criteria needed for non venoms class 2 ? your knowledge/ help much appreciated.

so if i want a woma on class 2 nsw. i should keep bhp for 12 months on class 1 nsw before applying for the class 2 licence?

so if i want a woma on class 2 nsw. i should keep bhp for 12 months on class 1 nsw before applying for the class 2 licence?

No. Just any python.

Can anyone answer this one. If you have never kept class 1 lizards and have a class 2 licence have you ever bought class 2 lizards?? If so was there any problems when the books where handed in?? (pm if you want). Cheers

The 'rules' state you need to have kept something of the same genus, so technically you should have the necessary experience with BHP's, but once you have the Class 2 license you can buy what you want. However, they were looking at closing this loophole, not sure if this has eventuated yet..? On the application form, you need to specify which species (you only need to specify one - unless things have changed since i applied for mine) you intend to keep, if you say Womas, and don't have any experience with BHP's your application is likely to be rejected. However, if you say you want to keep RSP's, and have experience with Carpets, then your license will be approved, and once that occurs you can then go out and buy a Woma - silly eh? But as i said, they were looking at closing the loophole, just not sure if it has happened yet.

I have never kept bhps but had no probs when i applied and told them i wanted to get womas. Must have closed "the loophole".

Quite silly about the genus. I'd love a woma, but am not keen on a BHP. After keeping Antaresia and Morelia for years, you'd think it would be no problem to get a woma. Then again, maybe all of our pleas will result in womas becoming Class 1. No matter, really, as hubby has said no more snakes for a while. I'll have to start working on him again next year...

. ditto . i'm also not interested in bhp.but want womas. goodluck pythonmum

That's not too surprising considering Womas are likely to be moved to Class 1 soon. They're one of the easist species of pythons to keep and definitely shouldn't be on Class 2. You certainly don't need experience with BHP's to be able to keep a Woma competently.

is there a date we are aiming at for the change of classification for woma's or am i just dreaming?

That's not too surprising considering Womas are likely to be moved to Class 1 soon. They're one of the easist species of pythons to keep and definitely shouldn't be on Class 2. You certainly don't need experience with BHP's to be able to keep a Woma competently.

You are right mr. bredli.
Even I can manage woma.:D That means anybody can.:)
by my opinion Diamond python is much more complicated python to keep.

is there a date we are aiming at for the change of classification for woma's or am i just dreaming?

It will probably occur when pet stores are allowed to begin selling reptiles, in 2009 sometime i believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back