click clack

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jedohara

Reaction score
so i got the click clack 2day and have drilled holes in the lid (no cracks) do i need holes in the sides? and not sure how to set up the heat mat do i just sit it on the table then sit the clicl ckack on top of it or do i need a gap or something inbetween the table n the click clack ? all help will b great thanks in advance

A couple of holes down the side wont hurt. A slight gap between the heat mat and the click clack is desirable.

mine is doing fine on a table, i have however taped the heat mat to the click clack, my heat mat has about 2cm extra plastic around the actual heated part. and i would put a few extra holes at each side just so air can circulate better :)

ok i will use paper towel then :) i want to get a whealt belt stimson so wood i need to put a stick goin from side to side if u no what i mean LOL

ok what else shouls i have a hide on the hot side and the cool side n should the water b on the cool side or ? bit of a silly question i ges

nawww i have a stimsons, she doesnt use her stick, it was such a big effort putting it in too lol, i have the water on the cool side and a hide on both ends, my other snake just has 1 hide on the hot side- he never leaves it anyway :)

ok i will give the stick a miss lol and will get 2 hides :) what size hide is good for a stimson hatchling?

Last edited:
put the water bowl on the cooler end, putting it over the heat will cause too much humidity in the click clack.
Do not put the click clack on the heat mat with out it being connected to a thermostat...you risk being able to find out if snake tastes like chicken.

a small one :) mines about 15cm wide, 6cm high they like to coil up in it, oh you will need a rock aswell so help with shedding :)

ok yer i am saving for a thermostat at the moment wont be getting the stimmi till chrissy or the new year i have found some on ebay and they look ok for only $35 will post a thread when im buying it to see whateverone thinks is better lol

hey lol i think that thermo is the one i got hehe it does the job but its chinese and doesnt have instructions, the actual thermostat has chines writting on it too, but its easy to work out :)

yeah well i set mine to 32c if it gets hotter then that it turns off, until it cools down then it will come back on. it keeps the heat pretty well, what size click clack did u get?

a 7 L i think it is its about a foot long maybe or a bit less and a 7 watt heat mat only need hids and tweezers and my stimmi and im all set oh and my licence that should b here soon its been 8 days :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back