Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WHAT!!! You didnt have a funeral and proper burial (or cremation depending on the mothers wishes)?!!!!

These are snakes not rodents! I now have no faith in the reptile industry, this is dissapointing. :(

Another alternative to feeding them to your tawny would be preserving them in a jar and selling them to a scientific supplies store that provide samples like this to schools. At least then it wouldn't be a total loss.
Sorry to hear about your tragedy though. Good luck with the hatchies that survived.

it wasnt a total loss, the tawny got a good feed:D

WHAT!!! You didnt have a funeral and proper burial (or cremation depending on the mothers wishes)?!!!!

These are snakes not rodents! I now have no faith in the reptile industry, this is dissapointing. :(

LMAO sort of got an image of little tomb stones..

Nice looking Tawny looks sort of like what we call a night hawk over here..
Randy

Showing off your DEAD hatchies is one thing, but showing pics of you feeding them to an owl is another :evil:...
have some taste man.

Well there was a warning in the title. Also Its a natural food type that were already dead.......No problem there. My suggestion to you is to never get a tawny, stick with a budgie. And read titles before reading a post.

bummer about the hatchies. very cool tawny though. we recently released one we had been caring for. they rule

Sorry about the hatchies at least the Tawny looked happy with his dinner. Good luck with remaining snake bubs

Actually there was nothing in the post about feeding them to owls. Anyway how about we help him to find out why it happened. Anyone got any ideas.
Well there was a warning in the title. Also Its a natural food type that were already dead.......No problem there. My suggestion to you is to never get a tawny, stick with a budgie. And read titles before reading a post.

Actually there was nothing in the post about feeding them to owls. Anyway how about we help him to find out why it happened. Anyone got any ideas.

We have given him ideas............the only real way of even having a chance of finding out is autopsy and even then that may be inconclusive.....You can speculate all you like but it will get you no where.

If this is second time it has happened to him there is obviously an issue. Could they have been pipped too early?

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Isis on this, anything you come up with on a forum is going to be speculation, if waruikazi wanted an opinion on what went wrong Im sure the dead snakes would be with a vet rather than in the stomach of that wonderous bird.

Could be a thousand things....you wont work it out on here.

Beautiful tawny by the way

The tawny is gorgeous, Liked them my whole life. Sad about the little snakies but glad to see they didn't go to waste.

What a shame you ended up with so few, after so many eggs! Hope your next pair to breed is successful.

I used to breed aussie parrots (blue-wings, scarlet-chested, bourkes) and if any young ones died in the nest they went to my snakes, I can't see a problem with it, captive animals need a varied diet (usless you are a thorny devil hehe)

Beautiful, ...Tragic,.....then tears

but to see your rescued Tawny ...well done,its just bad luck with the babies..... nothing is supposed to be perfect!

Showing off your DEAD hatchies is one thing, but showing pics of you feeding them to an owl is another :evil:...
have some taste man.

Hahaha....*hands you a tissue*
For goodness sake... Why are people so sensitive nowadays?

have some taste man.

I agree! :shock: sorry but i never like seeing a dead reptile being fed off to another animal yes i know "circle of life" well sometimes the circle of life is too damn harsh!! :|

have some taste man.

Whats the difference between showing that and showing a pic of a snake eating a DEAD mouse?? :rolleyes:

Ok...1 the rodent is just that.... A RODENT snakes are native protected wildlife not a tasty snack, also um if you really don't know why they died (snakes) umm who would risk giving it to the owl hmm..the snakes could make the bird sick! it's un-ethical in every aspect!!!!

also very poor taste posting a thread on a reptile forum showing dead snakes being fed off like that IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back