Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it cruel to feed a DEAD snake to a Tawny frogmouth??!! It's DEAD!!

It's cruel because most of the clutch of bredli was alive. Because bredli are bredli, they need to be euthenased. By feeding the dead ones off (which are already out of their misery), the bird was prevented from being able to eat (and therefore end the suffering of) the lives ones.

Gordo, If the tawny Frog mouth dies dont forget to throw it in the fridge, I hear they are good for scenting reptile food. Keep the circle of life going!

It's cruel because most of the clutch of bredli was alive. Because bredli are bredli, they need to be euthenased. By feeding the dead ones off (which are already out of their misery), the bird was prevented from being able to eat (and therefore end the suffering of) the lives ones.

As much as I think bredli are great this comment made my day.

I think having the dead animals serve a purpose (feeding the tawny) is much more humane and productive than throwing them in the trash to feed bacteria.

Warukazi, there are some pretty cheap gen's around now. A mate picked one up for $300.00. Its about a 4 or 5 kva and made by GMC which are made in China and shipped out here. Part of John Howards "flood the market with cheap power tools" policy. It actually runs quite well and we have used it on the job site a few times and has gotten us out of trouble.
36 down to 7 man thats tough.

This thread has gone dowhill to personal insults........................

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back