Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It died naturally. What about BHP and Womas that are reptiles eaters...........not poor taste just a dose of reality.

Well i disagree with it and as far as i know it's not legal to feed reptiles ....live rodents,other reptiles ect...so how it works with dead reptiles im not sure but as far as i'm concerned it is definitely not necessary either way each and everyone to their own i'm entitled to my opinion just as much as anyone else :D

Go away

Showing off your DEAD hatchies is one thing, but showing pics of you feeding them to an owl is another :evil:...
have some taste man.

You have got to be kidding!!!!!! Who are you to take anyone to task about this thread? The circle of life. The animals are dead. Why should they not be fed to a rescue animal? Any reasons??? It happens all over the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i disagree with it and as far as i know it's not legal to feed reptiles ....live rodents,other reptiles ect...so how it works with dead reptiles im not sure but as far as i'm concerned it is definitely not necessary either way each and everyone to their own i'm entitled to my opinion just as much as anyone else :D[/QUOTE

Are you for real??????? Its not opinion its fact that animals eat other animals....some reptiles eat other reptiles....a lot of birds eat reptiles too.........

really sorry to hear that mate i had the some thing hapen last year with my diamond hatchies the incubator stuffed up didnt get it working for a while and due to that i lost all but four was really sad out of 17

Well i disagree with it and as far as i know it's not legal to feed reptiles ....live rodents,other reptiles ect...so how it works with dead reptiles im not sure but as far as i'm concerned it is definitely not necessary either way each and everyone to their own i'm entitled to my opinion just as much as anyone else :D[/QUOTE

Are you for real??????? Its not opinion its fact that animals eat other animals....some reptiles eat other reptiles....a lot of birds eat reptiles too.........

ARE YOU????!!!! Yes well isis it's also a FACT that snakes eat LIVE rodents in the wild and that woma's/bhp's eat reptiles ...but is it legal in australia NO! why? because it's cruel and immoral and like i said it's MY OPINION and i'm entitled ;)

Hmmm where did I say captive bred get fed live.....the snakes that were fed to the tawny were already dead..........immoral for a rescue animal that is to be treated as naturally as possible so if and when it is released it hasnt been conditioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pity about the poor survival rate, good to know a few are good and healthy though. (There sure are a lot of vegans on this site....)

How is it cruel to feed a DEAD snake to a Tawny frogmouth??!! It's DEAD!!

Ok...1 the rodent is just that.... A RODENT snakes are native protected wildlife not a tasty snack, also um if you really don't know why they died (snakes) umm who would risk giving it to the owl hmm..the snakes could make the bird sick! it's un-ethical in every aspect!!!!

No different to feeding you dog chicken or you eating fish etc!
Its their natural food, same with frogs, lizards etc......... the food chain in action!

Go away x 2

ARE YOU????!!!! Yes well isis it's also a FACT that snakes eat LIVE rodents in the wild and that woma's/bhp's eat reptiles ...but is it legal in australia NO! why? because it's cruel and immoral and like i said it's MY OPINION and i'm entitled ;)

Who made you the expert?? I can tell you from a DSE point of view that there is nothing wrong with feeding dead reptiles to a bird. I have just asked myself instead of jumping to conclusions.

How do most hard to feed snakes get a start??? They are fed common skinks!!! Is this cruel??

Way to go upsetting people with rash comments...good luck with sales;)

This site used to be excellent, actually still is. There are good people here but there are also far too many people who are quick to judge.. Pretty disappointing....thought I had been missing APS but now not sure.....

Again it's my opinion and i have never and will never feed off a dead reptile to another animal and i know ALOT of people that also share my opinion.

Exactly Miss B, I can see no point in trying to make someone feel bad over feeding a dead snake to a wild rescued animal. I'm sure he is probably feelin horrible enough with the death of his hatchies in the first place.

Glad to hear you got a few survivors mate:)

i just dont think there's enough affection going around in this circle of reptilian love. Fish the snakes out of the belly of the tawny frog mouth and hang on some kind of divine idol. Then only can we be truly redeemed for feeding a hungry bird with their natural prey.

Angry bunch of self righteous children now aren't we?

Sorry for your loss Gordo, good luck with switching the pairings. As others have said what a magnificent Tawny! I'm sure it appreciated its treat.

True shamous, but i think majority of people appreciated this thread, its not often you get to see pics like that!
The title had fair warning thats its not for the squeamish, but the vegans had a go anyway!
I still dont see whats so wrong about it, its simply nature in action?!

You guys have done well to keep this thread going for 5 pages without it getting closed. Well done!

Waruikazi, 6 babies is better than none. I buggered up in my incubation this year and out of what appeared to be 7 healthy Woma eggs with 2 weeks to go, they all went bad and only one hatched. I am rapt with the one that hatched.

Did you keep a diary of everything you did last year and this year? I have started recording everything in an attempt to try and figure out where i am going wrong.

All the best with your current babies and good luck with the future ones.

P.S. More pics of the living babies please.

Simone.

Solar17 do you mean 12v converters? i hadn't thought of one of them but they would be a far cheaper option than a generator.

To everyone else thanks for looking. I knew there would be those who wouldn't like the feeding pics, which is why there was a warning in the title. These were not pets, i had no emotional attachment to the dead animals and they were completely useless for anything else. So when mum suggested that i feed them to Oscar i thought it was a great idea and it was quite entertaining too ;)

And i'm pretty sure it is legal to feed dead reptiles to anything as long as they are animals held on a permit... but that is another thread in itself. :)

Good to see a happy Tawny I say!!! Pity about your snakes, but thats the breeding game, I think I've had about 20 - 30 lizards die in eggs this season (out of 450 ish), and all get fed off to other critters. I can't see the difference between feeding a dead gecko to a bearded dragon or to ants in the garden?? Who cares? certainly not the gecko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back