Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beknluke

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys
Just want your 'professional' opinions on whether you think that this snake is a Coastal or a Cape York Carpet.
Cheers
Bex ;)

IMGP7244.jpg

PS - sorry that the pic looks so small - it's bigger on my computer but Photobucket didn't load it up at that size

Looks more like a cape york to me, most coastal's have more brown tan colouring.

I'm inclined to think capey...but I don't really know lol

Well THAT'S helpful Rob :lol:
Anymore useful insights for us??? :p
Is there anything in particular that a capey would have that a coastal wouldn't??
Bex ;)

It's a bit small to tell but it sorta has a skull & crossbones too...

It does look a bit capey, but Ive seen coastals that look more cape york than what most cape yorks are supposidley supposed to look like and vise versa, so I keep to my first hypothesis on what it is and repeat, it could be either.

Now THAT'S what I am looking for :D Thanks love!! :lol:
Yeah, I have been told Coastal by someone else too... I didn't realise that it was possible for them to look so alike, I always thought that it would be pretty definite either way :? Oh well. Thanks for your advice Rob
Bex ;)

What do you mean 'you have no doubt' afro? No doubt that it's a coastal, or no doubt that its a capey?? lol

Most carpets especially coastals come in an endless aray of colours and patterns certain areas will some times have a prodominant colour, and or pattern morph that occurs there, but you will still find a number of different colour and pattern morphs in thoses areas as well. Most areas where coastal are found you will hardly come across any the same, a few simular, but many that if you went on colour and pattern you would be calling them a different sub-speices. They are extremley variable.

Sorry Rob - that :lol: is at Afro, not you hun. Thankyou very much for your input - I'm not the best with snakes. We're just trying to work out whether or not Zos 'instincts' are right ;)

Thats alright I missed all that, as it takes me that long to type that theres always a half doz new posts by the time Ive written mine.

YAY!! Here it is full sized:

Ok - cancel that, it's STILL not working!!
But Zo's gonna try and post it from my album... stay tuned!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back