Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashrwee

Not so new Member
Reaction score
ive been offered either a coastal or jungle carpet python both for the same price, i have never had a carpet python before so i was just wondering which one would be the better to get coastal or jungle ?! any ideas.

Personal preference really. I would go for a jungle because I really like there colours and patterns. not to keen on there temperament though but it's a price i'd pay to get a beautiful looking python.

Yep a jungle is what I got yesterday for my first snake they have nil probs freeding but are a little jumpy when handling

thats what i was worried about because apparently jungles can be quite aggressive.

its not my first snake and i have been bitten before its just the fact that i dont want a biting snake i want a placid snake that my younger sisters would be able to handle.

any type of snake can be placid or the devil,
i have 2 coastals - one placid, one bitey/flighty also have 2 jungles one placid, and the other is nasty
hold both of them(if you can) and see which one you like the most

I agree with you, I would rather a placid snake over an aggressive one. however if you learn to read your pythons body language and handle it at the right time (not during shedding) and handle it often, it should settle down with minimal tags lol. one would hope.

I am yet to own an agressive snake and would hope not to.

I agree with you, I would rather a placid snake over an aggressive one. however if you learn to read your pythons body language and handle it at the right time (not during shedding) and handle it often, it should settle down with minimal tags lol. one would hope.

I am yet to own an agressive snake and would hope not to.

If it was me, and Im not a snake owner, but considering you want something that will become docile, I would probably get an Inland Carpet Python or a Woma for the mere fact that these have better reputations. Ive heard that when Womas get defensive, they headbutt rather than bite. I could be tempted into a Jungle for the great colours.

pythons

Yeah i agree it depends on the snake itself, I have Coastal's, jungles and a variety of different species and only have been bitten by my Woma's, and most would say they are placid, my advice would be to see if the parents are snappy and handle a yearling or two and see how they handle, u will know pretty quick if it is the right snake for you, sometimes a snappy one will settle with age and continous handling but if it is a good handler as a yearling i think you will be fine. Good Luck!!! PS, go the jungle if the temprement is good!!! much nicer to look at.

yeah i think the jungle colours are gawjuss so thats the way i think i may go. :)

coastals are very placid of course not when you get them they need to settle in get used to you but mine are great never strike never bite except for my agro little hypo only had few weeks

plus, jungle's typically sell for much more. so id assume your getting a better deal if you get the jungle.

THey have a reputation as being snappy when young, but as calming down significantly as they get older. but this can vary significantly on both sides, and I have heard of plenty of people saying theirs were well behaved right from hatchies.

yeah $50 for either, i was thinking of getting one of each but not quite shore... there only about 30-50cm long atm so there bites shouldnt hurt to much and hopfully there calmed by the time its grown.. i really wanna go with the jungle tho.. could they both go into the same enclosure do you think ?

yeah $50 for either, i was thinking of getting one of each but not quite shore... there only about 30-50cm long atm so there bites shouldnt hurt to much and hopfully there calmed by the time its grown.. i really wanna go with the jungle tho.. could they both go into the same enclosure do you think ?

We bought our jungle from a breeder. We picked the one that didn't strike when picked up and she hasn't bitten yet.

yeah i suppose its just pick of the draw :)
does anyone know if you can put a jungle and coastal into the same enclosure ?

Ash ...you did an earlier post about your little spotted being a biter and you saying if it doesnt calm down you will sell it ..its nine months old still a baby and yet you have lost patience already>>>> YOUR POST(i got a baby spotted python about 4-5months ago it is now around 9months old, tho it is very very snappy know matter how much you handle it and it just strikes and strikes at your hands and arms, it is feed and kept in a good enclosure does anyone have any ideas of how i could stop it from being so snappy ? im actully going to concider selling it soon enough if he doesnt start to calm down.)

..and now you want to take on a jungle ? and a coastal ? ...this peeves me off ..instead of over loading with snakes because you can afford them ..why not concentrate and become a better handler and owner to the ones you own first ?????
SNAKES ARE NOT DISPOSABLE PETS BECAUSE YOU HAVE LOST INTEREST OR THEY DONT GO BY YOUR RULES ...

uhh i know that snakes are not disposable and i do work at a zoo so i do know a few things it just gets frustrating when every time i picked it up it bites when not one of my other snakes have done that.. and so goes i already have other snakes that i have not lost patience with that i have had for a few years so dont come on here n judge me n **** when you really dont know all that much.

well you ask about the jungle and coastal ..they are a very basic snake so if you knew so much about snakes ..why would you ask about one of the most basic to keep now?
and if these fellas dont go by your placid rule will you be dumping them too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back