Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dossy

Reaction score
just the other side of a galaxy not to far from th
when i 1st wanted to get reptiles my mum was completely against the idea of it even little garden skinks. after a little while i got a centeral bearded dragon and she hated it and could not stand to look at it then i also got a jacky dragon, once she saw the size of it and saw the feeding habbits she almost fell inlove with it and she wants me to get another one. she has said many times before that if i ever bring home a snake she will greet it with a shovel and then greet me with my bags and the shovel but over the last two days mum has asked what a python is and i basicly said it cant kill you and just has teeth not fangs and she seemed kind of interested in it then tonight she was like

"so you thing pythons are ok then,if you got one what would you get and were would you keep it, are all pythons green ( i showed her a gtp)" and yer she dose not seem to be all that against it anymore, though i am not looking to push my luck with her yet haha

btw she will not kill a snake now she will call some1 to get rid of it......well she has said that not proved it to me yet

wouldnt advise getting a gtp just yet =D , keep pushing her lol eventuly she will give in

Glad to hear the tides turning for you Dossy,...thoughts on what your gunna get?

Im hoping that happens when my brother and i get bearded dragons.

jk888 i was not planing on getting one but i thought that it looks nice so i will show her a picture of one ;)
smithers i have no idea what to get, i rely do like the colourful ones liek greens and jungles and even the browny redy oringy ones, no offence to anyone but i just find carpet ( the normal ones what ever they are) boring and dull. i would be glad to take sujestions tho smithers :)
and snakes123 if it dosnt happen just be thankful that you can keep reps bcause i know some people who after seeing my cbd wanted lizrds but their rents basicly said no and told me i cant show them my reps anymore :(

Wheatbelt Stimmies are nice....but that's a personal preference

You should get her to read Martins mums threads.

Hey Dossy your mum sounds like my wife she was all anti snakes but did allow me to get one. She made all the usual statements "i don't want anything to do with it", "don't get it out when i'm around" etc. When our 1yr old Wheatbelt Stimson's python arrived and she saw him she became inquisitive, then curious and now totally attatched to our little man Bart. If you do get a python i would also recomend a Stimson's Python not too big, generally not aggressive(our guy is placid like on valium), and they look great and require little needs out of the ordinary. He has not olny won the wife over but has her totally loving pet pythons, we just got our second a Tanami Woma he is great but for a yearling he is big over 4ft, but he is also a great pet really placid and has a personality, does the usual Woma things.
My advice to you is, to win your mum over and get her to appreciate pythons get someting that as a rule makes a good 1st snake, good size, good temperament and suits your level of experience. Worked for me and in the process won my wife over, good luck and enjoy :)

thanx micksta

yer as i said it would have to be small adult size and i would be looking at somthing easy for a 1st snake and i will obey the rule of win her over with a nice snake. but also the other side would be is it easy to sell off, because IF i did get it and i did my reserch ecty ect and i did not enjoy that type as much as i thought i would and stuff would i beable to sell it off after the 6 months. im not sayn i want to rush into things and buy the 1st snake i like bit if on the off chance i dnt like it or evn if mum says it has to go after the 6 month no sell time then yer it would have to go ( the 2nd one of mum sayn its gota go is more likly than the 1st )

Coastals and childrens arent boring!!!! I dont think theres a snake thats small when full grown. Include ur mum in the decision, go to rep shops and show her maybe handle a couple

when i say small i mean something around the 3-6 foot im not looking for a 12 foot thing that needs heaps of space :)

---------- Post added 16-Jan-11 at 06:35 PM ----------

mum just made me show her more pythons on google, not that its a bad thing cause now she has found afew she rely likes but the problem with it is now i want a python even more now. and she was saying her main concern now is not the snake but the fact that i would want more and then want to breed them and so and so forth ( i actuly do not want to breed them but she dnt believe me haha)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back