Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehe, it doesn't line up, for a moment I thought you had haploid snakes :p

Pretty good Punnet square for a drunk man ;)

So what your trying to say is that breeding a Het to a normals will result in 50% of the offspring being hets?

Matt

Yes matt, its just which 50% thats all. But of course, you could get zero hets or all hets. But remember, if you have blue eyes and your wife has blue eyes, you can only have blue eyed children!!!

peterjohnson64 said:
Yes matt, its just which 50% thats all. But of course, you could get zero hets or all hets. But remember, if you have blue eyes and your wife has blue eyes, you can only have blue eyed children!!!

Assuming the milk man stays out of the picture and you don't have a mistress.

Thor1 said:
thats right
then just breed those hets together and you will get 50% albinos and much happiness!!
Now I feel stupid again, cause I thought (based upon a matrix) that het x het would mean 50% het, 25% albino and 25% normal... :shock:

See mate, 1.30am is really the most stupid time to discuss these sort of things. But yes, you are right. In fact, thats where prob Het comes from (66.67% chance of being het)

Thor1 said:
the genotype is what different genes or alleles the snake has. eg a dominant and a recessive or two dominants or two recessives.
Does someone feel brave enough to explain dominant and recessive in a bit more detail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back