Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marty

Reaction score
i was checkin' out some pics of darwin carpets. i'm only new at this and in my limited time i have seen several of the green darwins as the pic on urs. but i was checkin' out some other sites and came across this red banded fella. can anyone tell me how common the red darwins are?

Most of the ones i've seen in darwin and surrounding area's are like the top photo. I believe that one in the first pic to be a friends female that he has as a wallpaper on his site and all his are very similar to her. You'll find it probably to be a locality thing like every other carpet with minor difference in colouration depending on where their from.

They're both nice looking snakes. I'm not saying it is, but that first one nearly looks like a bredli, its got the right colours.

Morelian you can get them for a fair price. If the top photo is my friend's which i'm 95% sure it is.
He sold the clutch from her this season for $220 a hatchling, which is good value if you ask me.

Surprisingly not Moreliaman. Hatchies sell for as cheap as 150, adults ive seen for 400.

Thats gotta be just about my favourite snake. And at $250 a piece thats even better. Now, can you keep them outside in Sydney??? and they are Morelia What?

I wouldn't think so considering they are from the Top End. Perhaps if you provided alot of extra heat?

Morelia Variagata?? (I think..)

Nice snakes though, seen some stunners around, Moosy has some gorgeous ones, and Inny has one too.

SOLD! i gotta get a pair of them! lovley colours! and cheap ! jeez :D

pete, i think its spilota variegata :wink:

I place an ad on the for sale section for two pairs of juvies at 450 a pair 3 days ago and sold pretty much the next day, there's pics of one of the juvies there if you want to have a look, Under Juvie pythons 4 sale.

I kinda like the banded form but also have the bare back pattern of this species, some examples of this specimen that I've seen give JCP's a run for their money, I often refer to them as poor mans jungle :) after all some of them possess jungles temperement.

Cheers,
Joel

joel, do you ever have any of the red ones for sale ? (same quality as the first pic in this thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back