(dead animal warning) Ummmmmmmm..weird!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
don't worry ash, they can't comprehend that you just want to know the species. if you have friends that do it and their reps are in perfect condition fine.
ash didn't post this to get flamed it was a simple question so why is it only one person has answered?
ash, to me it looks like a common pigeon. be careful hun don't want you to have sick snakes :)

don't worry ash, they can't comprehend that you just want to know the species. if you have friends that do it and their reps are in perfect condition fine.
ash didn't post this to get flamed it was a simple question so why is it only one person has answered?
ash, to me it looks like a common pigeon. be careful hun don't want you to have sick snakes :)
<3. thankyou! lmao. it was a pet, because we dont get these pigeons wild here, and i know we have a big racing thingy here for pigeons. so i'm guessing they were out having a fly and maggies chased one away from its flock. because theres one near my house and he lets them out every lunchtime

I answered her question, and if it was a homing pigeon it would have a ring on its ankle.

There are a ton of people on this site who feed there snakes nothing but wild caught pidgeons....
Ive seen multiple threads of people exchanging trap ideas etc.

Some species of protozoa, flukes, tapeworm and ticks can, depending on where they originate from.

this is a common pigeon.
index.jpg

i love my flamesuit. it works so well :p and i will say it agaaaaaaaaaaain. we dont have these types of pigeons here. and i looked over it closely. NO ticks, no mites, eyes were clear, feathers soft and shiny.

Cause they are bred for a purpose and they get raced and they are all get ringed. Its now a hobby. I know a few people that do it and all their's are looked after like pets, the get wormed, fed a good diet and are ringed to identify them

then can come off quite easily if they aren't close ringed.

Racing/homing pigeon rings are put on around 1-2weeks old and are there for life. Saying there is no wild ones around is just being naive, pigeons get lost find shelter somewhere then mate with others producing wild pigeons. For the record there was a bad race around 15 years ago from Hay where only approx 100 birds found home from the 1000's that were released

The pigeon pic of the common one is a blue bar, blue chequers are the other common. The one you found is a blue bar pied which can be produced by blue bars. My family raced pigeons for 20 years so I know a fair bit about them

Last edited:
Cause they are bred for a purpose and they get raced and they are all get ringed. Its now a hobby. I know a few people that do it and all their's are looked after like pets, the get wormed, fed a good diet and are ringed to identify them
my mates dad greg has a coop of about 30 pigeons, none are ringed. they are microchipped instead

Racing/homing pigeon rings are put on around 1-2weeks old and are there for life. Saying there is no wild ones around is just being naive, pigeons get lost find shelter somewhere then mate with others producing wild pigeons. For the record there was a bad race around 15 years ago from Hay where only approx 100 birds found home from the 1000's that were released
my quaker was ringed at 3 days old, and his came off last week! and i've lived here for 14 years, and i've never seen one like this

my mates dad greg has a coop of about 30 pigeons, none are ringed. they are microchipped instead

my quaker was ringed at 3 days old, and his came off last week! and i've lived here for 14 years, and i've never seen one like this
Did you check for a chip? wouldn't want that eaten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back