(dead animal warning) Ummmmmmmm..weird!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the ring on the Quaker a solid aluminium ring with a plastic coating on it or was it a snap/ split ring style? Pigeon genetics are weird you can have blue bars throw reds mealey's grizzled with no history of them in the pedigree

Was the ring on the Quaker a solid aluminium ring with a plastic coating on it or was it a snap/ split ring style? Pigeon genetics are weird you can have blue bars throw reds mealey's grizzled with no history of them in the pedigree
solid aluminum. not a split

that's a bit rough. I'm sure he did the best he could. Your mum on the other hand...
lol.

One of the german guys my family raced against used to eat pigeon soup, pie, and roasted. He reckons if you didn't know wet it was you would swear it's chicken with a slight game taste to it

One of the german guys my family raced against used to eat pigeon soup, pie, and roasted. He reckons if you didn't know wet it was you would swear it's chicken with a slight game taste to it

Nah i recon they taste waaaay different to chicken. Really nice gamey flavour, esp the young ones. Similar to quail.

Pidgeon Pie, not too sure how to cook those chips tho : )

16 small pigeons, dressed, washed, pat dry,1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons onion, chopped, 1 carrot, sliced, 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped, 2 tablespoons celery, chopped
2 tablespoons flour, 2 Pastry shells, uncooked

Tie legs and wings of the pigeons together with string and close to the body. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Melt 2 Tbsp butter in pan and saute pigeons, searing them on both sides.

Cover them with water. Add onion, carrot, parsley, cloves, and celery. Cover and simmer until tender. **About 3 hours**

Remove the pigeons and debone the meat. Mix flour to a smooth paste with remaining butter. Add this mixture to the broth of the pigeons. Bring to a boil.

Line a well greased pie pan with 1 shell. Add the meat and then the thickened broth. Cover it with the other pastry shell. Bake at 450* until nice and brown.

Any road kill is good for your snakes...ah. except Buffalo up top, they can cause a blockage, apparently...

Hey Ash, Do you actually have a snake that's big enough to down the pigeon? I thought you only had the bredli?

i has 4 now TEEHEE! i got 2 the other day, a 2mt bredli and a worm of a childrens. >:)

hmm
ima go take pics of them in the sun

Oh okay. I thought you only had the hatchy bredli that snapped at you heaps. Haha sorry.

OMG some of these guys are retarded. What the hell do you think your snakes ate in the wild? They haven't evolved to be weaker in the few captive generations. They live off that stuff without any freezing which she stated she was going to do as a precaution. Think before you post guys.

OMG some of these guys are retarded. What the hell do you think your snakes ate in the wild? They haven't evolved to be weaker in the few captive generations. They live off that stuff without any freezing which she stated she was going to do as a precaution. Think before you post guys.
thankyou!! lmao!

wookie captive reptiles live far longer than ones in the wild mate. Also none of my animals have ever eaten wild food so i dont know what u mean there mate. Are u suggesting that our animals are all captured from the wild and claimed as pets? I think you should think before you post. :)

grog ur the only one who needs to think before they post.
Where do you think your animals came from?
Reptiles are wild animal plain and simple, and shouldn't be treated as fragile, ill equipped animals.

I lold when i read this, if you were born in a bubble fed disease free food for part of your life, then subjected to parasites and other diseases do you think your immune system could handle it? Actually you wouldnt have that much of an immune system due to the cleanliness of everything

Maybe you should think before you post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back