Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SunRiseReptiles

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just want to show you how nice they can become (the picture on the right was taken by a friend of mine). For all of you who don´t like crosses just scip this thread.

Cheers Mark

Attachments

• djs1.JPG
    djs1.JPG
    296 KB · Views: 486
  • sibsstijn.Jpeg
    sibsstijn.Jpeg
    362.9 KB · Views: 444
In your opinion they 'become nice' - If that is so, why would you photoshop the pics?
When you compare these animals to a true Palmerston Jungle or a Gosford Diamond - 'nice' just doesnt really cut it sorry, your thread title sums it up nicely.

dont me wrong they arent exactly ugly, but a true jungle is nicer!
thanks for sharing.

Why should someone "just skip" the thread if they dont agree with mongrel mutts?

Well said ad,
at least they are in the Netherlands and not here.

There are jungle/diamond crosses in OZ to there is a member on here who sells them

This is the future of the herp pet market, and most likely designer animals are going to be more prevalent than line bred animals.

Big can of worms with many pros and cons of different aspects, hmmm to start a thread on it or not, probably not as there will just be a fight

Well actually I did expect all kinds of reactions, positive and negative. I respect everybodies opinion and there's only one thing that's really nagging me:

Ad, why are you suggesting that I'm using photoshop? Based on what? The colours are even better in real than showed on the pics. I'm only trying to get them as close to real as possible. Do you really need that accusation? Or are you just jealous! Many people came by here and everybody is free to visit me and judge for them selves. So if you are in the area.......

Cheers Mark

personally these do nothing for me but i have seen crosses that are not bad lookin at all

Personally I don't like it at all and as stated earlier..jungles and diamonds look far better when they are just that, some mixes i've seen do produce lovely patterns/colouring though

Another Popcorn frenzy in the making. lol

Just as Slothead has stated "This is the future of the herp pet market, and most likely designer animals are going to be more prevalent than line bred animals". Realising each state has different takes on what is legal and illegal with regards to crosses/hybrids and all other things worth freezing.......it amazes me that so many people show an interest and encourage those conducting their breeding resigmes in such manners. After all in the long run its only going to threaten the existence of our natural Australian fauna.

I don't believe as many people as you think here in Australia will cross there animals, and certainly don't think it is the way the hobby is going.
After all we have what most of the world don't, pure locality specific animals, many of which carry there own unique traits/genetic defects ie. striping, hypomelanism, albinism etc etc..

Of course there will be a few that just can't help but try to produce a world first, ie. A bredli x albino darwin or a
albino darwin x gtp , there is an appeal about these animals to, but it's not something that personally interests me although i can respect the animals for there uniqueness.

I don't think Sunrise reptiles should be criticised for his work with crosses as many europeans and americans who don't have access to our locality specific animals will work with such animals.
After all Sunrise is declaring them for what they are, crosses and good looking ones at that.
My hope is that the people in Australia that do decide to cross, do so in a responsible manner and don't try to sell off young as something pure when there not.

Neil

i agree with neil on the issue of where australia is heading. the castle hile show for example had quite a few privot breeders selling animals etc, these breeders only had pure animals and imo are leading the hobby in terms of what the majority of new comers are going to see.

as a new comer to reptiles and snakes i have to say i agree with NCHERPS.
i have only known about purebred snakes until recently.
i did not even know that you could cross different snakes.
So i think it is safe to say that in oz we will always have pruebred snakes as i can see from this website that so many people are against hybrids. Also there are so many beautiful pure lines that look absolutely amazing that we dont need to cross them to change the way they look. For example, the striped purebred diamond python from Snake Ranch at the Castle hill Expo.

I absolutely disagree with cross breeding. I think that the diamond x jungle shown is butt ugly and no where near as nice as a pure form. Why try to be mother nature by creating what is effectively a new species. As stated in the title they are just mutts.

I do understand the problems with crosses in Australia and nobody wants to ruin your fauna. And for sure we do have a problem here with pure lines. We don't even know if our jungles are pure. We assume they are but nobody knows for sure. I keep most of my carpets as pure as possible, like our jungles, diamonds, bredl's and harrisoni's. I've only one project with diamond jungle jags and diamond crosses.

Some of the carpets are really rare here.... Like pure Darwins and pure imbricata's. Unfortunately with the introduction of albino's here in Europe it's even harder to get pure Darwins. They cross hets and albino's with everything ... Which is too bad!

There is also a rumour that jags did arrive in Australia..... so I do understand your concerns!

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back