Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah totally, cos round here where i live, wild Diamond Pythons are just dropping like flies, little buggers have been inbreeding for thousands of years now, every single one of them has some type of cancer or disease. If we're going to save them all we gotta be quick, someone send me 20000 Jungle Carpets so i can release them into Diamond country to help revive the dwindling genetic pool that these poor Diamonds have been left with. :rolleyes:

Yeah totally, cos round here where i live, wild Diamond Pythons are just dropping like flies, little buggers have been inbreeding for thousands of years now, every single one of them has some type of cancer or disease. If we're going to save them all we gotta be quick, someone send me 20000 Jungle Carpets so i can release them into Diamond country to help revive the dwindling genetic pool that these poor Diamonds have been left with. :rolleyes:

Your too predicitable mate. Since when has the act of pure breeding captive diamonds had ANYTHING to do with wild snakes??

Go back in history when the first diamonds were captive bred, they were obviously bred from snakes taken from the wild which was a fairly large gene pool. They are now part of a small gene pool, they were then bred and bred and distributed around so that now heaps of diamonds are distant relatives of each other.

Your too predicitable mate. Since when has the act of pure breeding captive diamonds had ANYTHING to do with wild snakes??

Go back in history when the first diamonds were captive bred, they were obviously bred from snakes taken from the wild which was a fairly large gene pool. They are now part of a small gene pool, they were then bred and bred and distributed around so that now heaps of diamonds are distant relatives of each other.

Oh i see, so now we have to cross them with everything otherwise they will all die of cancer??!!

Fossilman, you clearly know nothing about the genetics of reptiles.

If you did, you'd realise how funny/stupid your comments are.

It has been stated before that reptiles are different in that in-breeding doesn't have the same effect as with mammals. I have seen some pretty sad inbred mammals in the past [ unfortunately some farmers are fine with running dad with his his daughters etc when it comes to cattle,sheep etc ] & cannot understand why reptiles would differ. Any thoughts fossilman? Surely inbreeding, whatever the animal, would intensify the genes, good AND bad. After all, that is the main reason behind it, to breed on the good traits while heavily culling those with the bad.
SRR...While I'm not interested in cross breeding with the snakes I have, I certainly can appreciate the beautiful patterns on some of yours.

Oh i see, so now we have to cross them with everything otherwise they will all die of cancer??!!

Thats not what im saying i love pure blood diamonds, I was trying to answer the question which was how can some crossbreds be "superior" to purebreds.

Inbreeding effects reptiles in the exact same way it does with mammals bar the fact that it seems to be less pronouced.... either way, careless inbreeding will produce defects in offspring .

Fossilman, you clearly know nothing about the genetics of reptiles.

If you did, you'd realise how funny/stupid your comments are.

Ok..if you know it all then tell me how im wrong and back it up with sources and ill come on here and admit to everyone that im an idiot and i was wrong ok.

anyway its late i dont want to start a fight over this.. im out.

Last edited:
Somehow these kinds of 'debates' are much funnier on websites about growing roses. :)

This is one of the reasons that some well known breeders here in Europe started to breed diamond * jungle's. They lost many adult diamonds with tumors and also of the so called Diamond Syndrome.All the crosses that they produced are not dealing with any of these problems.

Cheers Mark

Thats fair enough they might not be dealing with these "problems" anymore dont you think it might
be because your not dealing with real diamonds anymore?
Just sounds like a bit of a cop-out to me, breeding diamonds proved a little difficult so crossing them
out to other sub-speices was the solution...?
(reminds me of one persons experience with Albino Darwins in Australia ;))

So to use your mind set with inbreeding of pythons should people start breeding jungles into there
rough scaled pythons for fear of the problems if no hybrid vigour is added? sounds studid because
it bloody well is.

Yes i did, that's how it was so easy for me to determine the fact that you are an idiot. You do realise that dog = one species, snake = thousands of different species right?

yet more insults and name calling from the LORD OF THE NEWBIES.
in the years that you have been on this site i would have thought you would know better than to try and get your point across without insults and name calling , it just makes you look ........
maby you need a bit of a hoilday you know give that huge brain of yours a rest....

And your a Keyboard warrior :)

Attachments

• dont20worry20sir20im20from20the20internetui7.jpg
    dont20worry20sir20im20from20the20internetui7.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 70
  • KEYBOARDWRRIOZZZ.jpg
    KEYBOARDWRRIOZZZ.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 62
forks_and_spoons.png

Yeah i've got nothing... nothing that won't see me suspended by the end of the night. :(

Yea , I got a warning or infraction or whatever for calling someone an idiot on here once .
I reckon if you have to go that way ..........'your reasoning on this is idiotic' is better than 'you're an idiot' .

But the latter is more direct and to the point :lol:

True , but the difference is that Einstein was probably an 'Idiot' on the subject of baking cakes but he certainly wasn't an idiot . One thing is attacking/challenging an idea or specific action , calling someone an idiot is attacking them as a human being...if ya get my drift .

True , but the difference is that Einstein was probably an 'Idiot' on the subject of baking cakes but he certainly wasn't an idiot . One thing is attacking/challenging an idea or specific action , calling someone an idiot is attacking them as a human being...if ya get my drift .

Only playing, its late and im bored :p:D

Hi Fossilman, there r some things that can be argued abt and some that u can't only cos, most of the people here feel hybrids are wrong only cos they were told so when they joined the site... (so much for stereo type thinking and conditioning the noob's lol)They would rather kill a human then breed their diamond*jungle...... Have been on this site long enough to know that......

They just don't know that they might have a locality specific snake in their collection that might have some hybridizing in them cos all that they have, is the word of the breeder on which they conclude........

I personally know a lot of breeders who experiment with their snakes in AU and I find it funny that they are called a top bloke only cos the buyer has no IDEA what that person has been breeding.....

For example there are some breeders who have a particular species of snakes from all localities pending what u r looking for eg,Jungles(lot of the localities have only come up recently and all of a sudden everyone has that locality for sale)...... What a joke.....

Half the population of Antaresia pythons in Au collections have at some point been mixed with atleast two if not all the three species spotted, childreni and stimmy cos those were considered one species at one point of time and no one speaks abt it now.... And this only makes u wonder.....

So what I'm getting at is, let them purists b, no point arguing...... Look at the picture and if u like it, ENJOY it and for those of u in AU, if u cross breed u'r snakes, tell u'r buyers....cheers

G/B.......

why do you guys always have to bore us with the purist bial

They Look great Mark absolutely splendid .shame about the thread bores though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back