Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if it is or isn't, but it's not a good idea safety wise, you can't have them around small children or pets, as their natural predatory instincts take over.

there's a thread on this already - apparently they can't really be tamed.... sure there isn't a domestic dog you like?

Even if you get them from a puppy, they don't tame, just like wolves and foxes

The reptile center near where i live keeps 4 or 5.. they seem pretty tame but they are kept in a large fenced area.

A relative looked into getting them, apparently you can keep them in Vic but you need a pest permit? There are also minimum caging requirements and they must be fully enclosed. They are also not cheap for a pure bred one.

A guy across the road from me owns a pure alpine dingo, very docile and quite dog ( quite meaning friendly, as dingoes don't bark) though he had to put up 8 foot cyclone mesh fences to stop it escaping, as it jumped his 6 foot fences. He walks it many Km's EVERY day.

I have a friend who has them on a property and he said they howl all night so if your thinking of getting one consider the noise

Alot of the Dingos i've seen are not pure, they have interbred with domesticated dogs. I think it would be hard to find PURE dingos even if you could keep them legally.

you can keep them in victoria, you are required by law to have a 10ft fence or caged encloser. they can be tamed and i would trust one of them over a bull arab or anyother pig dog ,thousands of people keep them in suburban back yards with kids(morons).the ones at healsville sactuary are gorgeous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back