Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eladidare

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
why do you keep elapids?
to look tough? :rolleyes:

do you handle them?

do you clean their cage? or just clean around them? :rolleyes:

do you jam your gaff into the snake everytime you need to hold it? :rolleyes:

do you break bones everytime you hold it with your guillotines? :cry:

or...

do you care about the snake?
and get it out.
and clean the cage.
and check him over.

You keep something that isnt a death adder!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: c'mon, adders arent the only elapid!!!

PM criticism, ive just made room in my inbox so go nuts!!! :D

Lol mate, in any standard this is a stupid question...... The second part would b the best answer....... Hope this helps..... cheers.......

Lol mate, in any standard this is a stupid question...... The second part would b the best answer....... Hope this helps..... cheers.......

your post count went up 1... thats about all that helped! :rolleyes:

because i cant afford pythons n i love how tough they make me look when i wear them down the street

because i cant afford pythons n i love how tough they make me look when i wear them down the street

......thats sad

The family of these reared fanged and venomous snakes are ELAPIDAE. Obviously you have never had one before and have only dreamt about it but are too gutless to actually have one, or 72 like myself, they are are much more fascinating than pythons. Yet i still keep them as well. There are over 200 species in 50 different genera of these magnificent reptiles. Were there is only 14 species and only 4 different genera in the BOIDAE family. And i bet you couldnt name them all. So I suggest you go back and feed your Blue Tongue and your penny skinks.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

The family of these reared fanged and venomous snakes are ELAPIDAE.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought members of the Elapidae family were front-fanged? Isn't that their very definition - front-fanged, venomous land snake?

I was pretty sure Eladidare owns elapids... maybe has had an experience recently with a few butt hole vens keepers?

Yes they are... sorry about the typo Elapidaes are front fanged

you can ask the same question and get almost the same reponses if the qyestion were about pythons
You cant exactly cuddle with a Elapid like you would with a cat
and you cant do the exact same with a python, yes you can hold it but you cant give it a big squeeze like most other family pets
there are exceptions, but even with Elapids, what the difference, you just have to be cautious more so with Elapids
Really what was your point in this thread?

i always get mine out, i clean it reguarly and check it over while i have a play with it.................................this is up there with one of the most ridiculous threads of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back