Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of people including myself barely handle their reptiles including harmless pythons. How is that cruel? Their would be more of an argument saying that excessive handling is cruel whether it be a ven or harmless python, rather then leaving them in peace in their cages.
because its not giving them any freedom. at least when they get taken out of their cages they can get some fresh air. how would u like to be locked up in a cage ur whole life

Snakes don't like handling. They'll learn to tolerate it at best, but they don't like it.

I think it's safe to say that handling them is probably closer to being cruel than not handling them.

I can't see how keeping hots makes you look 'cool'. I get called an idiot, retard, and many more (that'll get me an infraction) quite frequently for keeping them.

People don't understand that it's not as deadly and dangerous as they think if you do the right thing. I have this argument with my parents all the time, and my mother had me riding horses all my childhood - there's a hell of alot more chance of being seriously injured, or dying from participating in that hobby :)

True, Jozz.

Some people lend credence to the theory that keepers of hots are macho idiots though, unfortunately.

Obviously they're not all like that and I make no implication that they are.

My ex and I used to have several rbb's, but hots are not something I plan to get into again.; they're just not my thing, even if they are beautiful and interesting animals.

a 2 day course and a handful of cash and you can keep whatever you want in queensland...

ive met a few elapid keepers over the past few years, i get the "pleasure" of seeing more than my fair share of bad husbandary practices.
cages where mouldy poo is brushed to the back so its out of view, the picky feeders often get left unfed (fear of being bitten), old skin being left on after a bad shed, scale rot, etc etc....

there r alot of python n lizard keepers which ain t no better some people just should nt have animals it does'nt mean that all keepers r like this n not or ven keepers keep there animals like this

Thats is animal cruelty. If they're not prepared to look after them properly, they shouldn't keep them. But that goes for any animal. Unfortunately it happens to all sorts of animals - not just dangerous ones.

I clean out my tiger's cages up to 3 times a week! Messy little buggers!

iVE obviously got ri dof the ameautors so IS there out there with any advanced herpe,,,s

True, Jozz.

Some people lend credence to the theory that keepers of hots are macho idiots though, unfortunately.

Obviously they're not all like that and I make no implication that they are.
QUOTE]

I know plenty of elapid keepers and not one of them keep them to look cool and certainly don't behave like "macho idiots". I guess that term is only given to them by those who just don't get it or refuse to understand it.

I have finished my popcorn so i think it's time for a bundy!

Simone.

I know plenty of elapid keepers and not one of them keep them to look cool and certainly don't behave like "macho idiots". I guess that term is only given to them by those who just don't get it or refuse to understand it.

I have finished my popcorn so i think it's time for a bundy!

Simone.

If I interpreted your post correctly--and it's often hard to over the internet--you're trying to bait me. If that's the case all I'll say is "whatever." I've said what I had to say.

If I've misinterpreted your post, then I apologise.

If I interpreted your post correctly--and it's often hard to over the internet--you're trying to bait me. If that's the case all I'll say is "whatever." I've said what I had to say.

If I've misinterpreted your post, then I apologise.

Not trying to bait you at all.

All i am saying there is there are alot of peole who don't believe in keeping elapids and believe that peole who do are wannabe tough guys or macho idiots or whatever they like to call them. Often, these are people who have never kept more than a few species and do not appreciate elpapids for what they, each to their own.

What i am saying is you look at some of the keepers of elapdis on here....Sdaji.....shows some spectacular looking adders.....he is hardly a macho idiot and all of the elapid keepers i know are not like that. I am sure there are some out there but i haven't come across them.

Simone.

My apologies then, Simone!

And I agree, on all counts :)

Not trying to bait you at all.

All i am saying there is there are alot of peole who don't believe in keeping elapids and believe that peole who do are wannabe tough guys or macho idiots or whatever they like to call them. Often, these are people who have never kept more than a few species and do not appreciate elpapids for what they, each to their own.

What i am saying is you look at some of the keepers of elapdis on here....Sdaji.....shows some spectacular looking adders.....he is hardly a macho idiot and all of the elapid keepers i know are not like that. I am sure there are some out there but i haven't come across them.

Simone.

Sdaji is an experienced and qualified keeper, people like him deserve to keep elapids, but there are those "exceptions" as in any hobby or occupation that give the rest of us bad names.

im scared of grasshoppers...
im about 5' 9", 65kg's soaking wet... i dont fit the macho profile either...

look at the australian venom zoo in kuranda! By far the worst hygiene ive ever seen, no wonder they have such a high death rate... :evil:

Personally i am fascinated by vens, but therse no way id ever consider keeping one, besides im macho enough without any lol!

Elapids in my opinion are fascinating, I am learning from them every day. I would never think or say to any one that i know everything about them. That would make me a know it all. But one thing i do know that there is no turning back . I love all reptiles venomous or not .
Eladidare why not grow up a bit and look at the big picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back