Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tasmania Accommodation - Motels, Hotels, B&B, Blackwood Creek, Bracknell, Cressy, Poatina there you go you so called snake exsperts you should learn your history they used to be one of the biggest suppliers of smake venom and snake plasma but stop doing it because of the high risk annie the person i was speaking about was bittern three times then had too quit and if any of you want her number pm me so get your info right before you start flamming people and do some reseach :x

Looks pretty nasty bigguy, get well soon mate.
Bites through the bag are never dry for some reason.
Maybe its the fear the snake is in at the time because it is essentially trapped.
Baz20, the link dosnt tell much at all.

well that just shows your intelligence they dont milk the venom any more they get the anti Venom from the snakes blood, you try and hold a bass straight tiger still so you dont kill it and handle thousands of snakes a year some are only love bite and some are bad ones

HAHAHAHAHA I've kept my signature the same ever since i joined this forum all those years ago but i am going to change it just for this quote lol.

Hsahahaa i would have thought it alot easier to milk a snake than to get blood from one lol, where do they go? To the red cross blood bank? Hahaha

Tasmania Accommodation - Motels, Hotels, B&B, Blackwood Creek, Bracknell, Cressy, Poatina there you go you so called snake exsperts you should learn your history they used to be one of the biggest suppliers of smake venom and snake plasma but stop doing it because of the high risk annie the person i was speaking about was bittern three times then had too quit and if any of you want her number pm me so get your info right before you start flamming people and do some reseach :x

G'day bazz,

I think you are mistaken with what the mob in Tasmania do. There are a couple of us on this forum who work, or have worked, in the venom production industry - it is a very small industry in Australia and everybody knows everybody.

All snake based antivenom is produced by CSL from venom supplied by Australian Reptile Park.

that link says nothing.

OK, so you are starting a venom extraction business the one thing you would know would be that it is a high risk business so why close down due to the risk??

a handler that has been tagged three time by vens and works with vens every day should be fired due to OHS legislation and unsafe work practices.

and why where they extracting plasma out of snakes??? i have not seen many blood transfusions done into snakes before???

that link says nothing.

OK, so you are starting a venom extraction business the one thing you would know would be that it is a high risk business so why close down due to the risk??

a handler that has been tagged three time by vens and works with vens every day should be fired due to OHS legislation and unsafe work practices.

and why where they extracting plasma out of snakes??? i have not seen many blood transfusions done into snakes before???

Nah gotta disagree with that. Some of the best handlers i know have been tagged a few times.

dtulip10,

He is right about extracting plasma from the snakes - I assisted with this several times at a previous workplace. It was actually pretty amazing to do...sticking a needle straight into their heart.

Your comments regarding firing a handler for a few bites are a bit excessive. You are correct if the bites were caused by stupidity, however it a very dangerous business where the slightest mistake can mean a trip to hospital. Some of the best professional handlers have multiple bites under their belt, just like professional Formula One drivers have a few crashes under theirs too.

dtulip10,

He is right about extracting plasma from the snakes - I assisted with this several times at a previous workplace. It was actually pretty amazing to do...sticking a needle straight into their heart.

Your comments regarding firing a handler for a few bites are a bit excessive. You are correct if the bites were caused by stupidity, however it a very dangerous business where the slightest mistake can mean a trip to hospital. Some of the best professional handlers have multiple bites under their belt, just like professional Formula One drivers have a few crashes under theirs too.

why do they extract the plasma??

Ok then bring on the flaming
although i tend to believe the reptile park and jonno from erd before i believe something on the interweb

dtulip10,

thank you ,some one that know what there talking about the only reason annie stoped working there was after her third bite which happened when a young tiger taged here above her hip she had trouble with her nervous system and was advised not too get tagged again and not shaw what closed them down but ive never seen so many snakes in the one place and was fascinating watching the snakes and they seemed too recover quiet quick and leave the tassie jokes out how old are some of you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back