Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah, that was frankston Flinders Rd, near coolart rd behind Baxtor tavern sort of.

Another vid from yesterday while im here.
[video=youtube;rshIkX_R95k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rshIkX_R95k[/video]

Nice vid's Baz - keep up the good work!

Lets see some catching kits - this is mine I carry in the car over summer :)

Didn't include the 'pool net' which sits on standby in the garage

IMG_2235.jpg

View attachment 222917

hey is it ok if i pinch that photo for an assignment?? thats a good kit ,it pays to have plenty of equipment handy for when you need it,<br>In my kit i carry alot of things people normally wouldnt carry like spades ,matics shovels,crowbars,lighting,extra bags ,snake traps,hard hat and fluoro vest for construction sites,but i do this every day and have to remove snakes from unders concrete slabs and from within wall cavities alot more than most people would.I also carry a selection of gloves,mainly for handling rocks,branches and generally moving things to get too hidden snakes,and welding gloves for monitors.<br>My fav piece of equipment is my led lenser headlight as snakes love dark hidey holes and it helps me more than any other piece of equipment.I dont find most snake handling equipment neccasary,but i used a hook the other day to get a brown snake out from under a concrete slab that was way out of reach lol

oh forgot to mention a lockable box to put snakes in thats secured in the vehicle

With regard to snake kit, I've found these useful on a number of occasions, especially for locating EB's in stumps, under concrete slabs and wall cavities. $175 from SuperCheap Auto (get your WIRES organisation to fund it):)!

Attachments

• Inspection camera 001 [1600x1200].jpg
    Inspection camera 001 [1600x1200].jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 88
  • Inspection camera 009 [1600x1200].jpg
    Inspection camera 009 [1600x1200].jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 68
No worries about using the photo snake pimp whats your assignment on? You mentioned snake traps - were not allowed to use them in Vic but just out of curiosity how do they work? Like the remote camera, maybe one day! Could find some uses for it at work also checking out nest boxes and warrens.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ollie

Attachment 222917

Rob said
hey is it ok if i pinch that photo for an assignment?? thats a good kit ,it pays to have plenty of equipment handy for when you need it,<br>In my kit i carry alot of things people normally wouldnt carry like spades ,matics shovels,crowbars,lighting,extra bags ,snake traps,hard hat and fluoro vest for construction sites,but i do this every day and have to remove snakes from unders concrete slabs and from within wall cavities alot more than most people would.I also carry a selection of gloves,mainly for handling rocks,branches and generally moving things to get too hidden snakes,and welding gloves for monitors.<br>My fav piece of equipment is my led lenser headlight as snakes love dark hidey holes and it helps me more than any other piece of equipment.I dont find most snake handling equipment neccasary,but i used a hook the other day to get a brown snake out from under a concrete slab that was way out of reach lol

oh forgot to mention a lockable box to put snakes in thats secured in the vehicle​

I also like to keep some long poles in the car, extendable like a house painters or swimming pool cleaners poles.
'
Yesterday i bought a different type of long crowbar from Bunnings for lifting concrete slabs ect and smashing through walls.

Rob, can you pm me the details for your snaketraps so as not to make it public,anymore than it is.

I had a M.O.P ask me about traps and he was told by another snake catcher to set rolled up bird netting around the place.

Of course I left him in no doubt about how I felt about that idea, illegal, dangerous, inhumane, immoral, yada, yada yada

but i was still pissed that a snake catcher would suggest this.

I have some more vids to put up and Ill do that later.

Oh yeah, and Richard, i am so getting one of those, I think Ill get one today.Good for perving around corners to...or so i hear

Last edited:
Nice bump Richard,
This snake was evicted from his home by the grader and was
rude enough to hang around and watch as his home gets trashed in the name of progress.

[video=youtube;5j1vWP5vIYU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j1vWP5vIYU[/video]

On the same day, anther victim of the urban sprawl get relocated from a building site in Dandenong

[video=youtube;k8gSHvLUpp0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8gSHvLUpp0[/video]

The day before, another copperhead need to be rescued from a local water recycling plant.

[video=youtube;_KZ481b6iNE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KZ481b6iNE[/video]

At this house in Langwarrin they had 6 electroic snake scarers beeping and operational.
The tigersnake didnt care in the slightest and had been living there for quite a while.
Remind me why I dont wear tight t-shirts again, lol.

[video=youtube;dFOgtVtWxwA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFOgtVtWxwA[/video]

View attachment 223609View attachment 223610
Also was called to this tiger in Frankston that had been bailed up by a little fluffy snake smeller.
View attachment 223606
View attachment 223607

Attachments

• P1070810.JPG
    P1070810.JPG
    286.2 KB · Views: 49
  • P1070808.JPG
    P1070808.JPG
    259.5 KB · Views: 45
  • P1070809aaa.jpg
    P1070809aaa.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 45
  • P1070820.JPG
    P1070820.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
DSC_0041.jpg

A pretty little Copperhead from Cranbourne Victoria released today into a nice local bushland reserve. Love the copperheads such a joy to work with!

the snake traps are those 'snake safe" ones,look like a pizza box with a maze inside,havent had much luck with them though,although i did find a snake underneath the trap once

Thanks Rob, so you havn't had any luck with them.
Are they easy to make or purchase?

[video=youtube;zaoOWKdRWgs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaoOWKdRWgs[/video]

Some copperheads getting released

Last edited:
When I got there the lady told me she last saw the snake on the dresser under the window.

It wasn't there at 1st glace and I looked behind the dresser, not there.

Then out of the corner of my eye, I looked up and saw the snake curled, flared up, weaving and very angry
on the candle holder.

The woman saw it at the same time, then freaked and ran from the house

I think this particular snake was potentially going to make the news if it wasn't spotted .

Love ya work Baz..You seem to get a lot of tigers. I do miss working with them more regularly

A few pics and an email from a M.O.P ..
My cat threw up a snake on the balcony a few weeks ago - only about 15cm long.
Now I'm stressing - he is a Kiwi cat so doesn't know about snakes.
Stressed more when the neighbours said how much they like my cat because they haven't has a snake in their yard since he arrived...

I think he went back and re-ate it

The copperhead was released a few days ago and the tiger was an earlier rescue.
View attachment 225286View attachment 225287

Attachments

• cop1.jpg
    cop1.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC00095aa.jpg
    DSC00095aa.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 81
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back