Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice one Baz. Woodpile looked a bit smaller than the last one I saw you sifting through!

Nice snakes, everyone; enjoying this thread:)!

Here's another EB from today. Very fat and lumpy toward it's bottom end, so I suspect gravid:). Apologies for so many pics, but these guys would have to be one of my faves.

And another; this one I had in care for a while now, due to that infamous nylon bird/garden netting product and severe dehydration as a result of being caught in the sun for several hours:(. Feeds and poops well now, with no apparent neuro problems, so all good.

Attachments

• Another EB 005 [1600x1200].jpg
    Another EB 005 [1600x1200].jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 81
  • Another EB 006 [1600x1200].jpg
    Another EB 006 [1600x1200].jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 75
  • Another EB 007 [1600x1200].jpg
    Another EB 007 [1600x1200].jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 74
  • Another EB 008 [1600x1200].jpg
    Another EB 008 [1600x1200].jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 65
  • Another EB 018 [1600x1200].jpg
    Another EB 018 [1600x1200].jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 75
  • EB nylon garden netting rehab 001 [1600x1200].jpg
    EB nylon garden netting rehab 001 [1600x1200].jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 66
  • EB nylon garden netting rehab 003 [1600x1200].jpg
    EB nylon garden netting rehab 003 [1600x1200].jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 56
Last edited by a moderator:
Great looking eb Richard.
Is that one of my black bags in the 1st pic?
How are they going with brown snakes?

I took some videos today while releasing some snakes at Mt Martha which Ill chuck up later.
The ranger was there snapping away to so I must get her to email those pics.
Here is one of the vids from today.
[video=youtube;Zb6VLbXEwlo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb6VLbXEwlo[/video]

Attachments

• easternbrown2ormeau.jpg
    easternbrown2ormeau.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_5331.jpg
    IMG_5331.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 48
  • whip snake croped.jpg
    whip snake croped.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5324.jpg
    IMG_5324.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 48
  • eastern brown.jpg
    eastern brown.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 52
  • easternbrown1ormeau.jpg
    easternbrown1ormeau.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Great looking eb Richard.
Is that one of my black bags in the 1st pic?
How are they going with brown snakes?

Certainly is mate! I use these on every EB relocation now and I couldn't be happier:)! No more big Brownies bouncing off the bottom of the bag and back into my lap anymore, and I'm getting pretty quick on that drawstring now.

Very nice EB there SR, thanks for sharing.

Certainly is mate! I use these on every EB relocation now and I couldn't be happier:)! No more big Brownies bouncing off the bottom of the bag and back into my lap anymore, and I'm getting pretty quick on that drawstring now.

Very nice EB there SR, thanks for sharing.

thanks mate, the eb in the top pic put on quite a display, almost like a sidewinder, the typical s pose with the flatened neck, almost black for most of his body, have to be my favourite ven.

Great pics SR, I hardly ever see browns here and never a yellow faced whip.
That 1st pic is a keeper.
The bags are better once they have been worn in and had a wash Richard.
When they are new they aren't as flexible.

The bags are better once they have been worn in and had a wash Richard.
When they are new they aren't as flexible.

Big Brownies bouncing out of bags was a problem I encountered with my other type of bags Baz, never with your ones:)! Partly because yours are a good 30cm deeper I'd guess.

So far everyone who has gotten a bag from me is wrapt with it saying
the extra depth, the draw string, the way it attaches to any hoop shape or size,
the heavy duty double stitching and overall quality of this Aussie made bag makes it the best.
Anyway, enough advertising, here is another video that ranger Sue took yesterday of the copperhead release.
[video=youtube;u2nANuK3ei4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2nANuK3ei4[/video]

View attachment 227378View attachment 227379View attachment 227380

Attachments

• plrlto.jpg
    plrlto.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 48
  • p1,,d.jpg
    p1,,d.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 54
  • p122.jpg
    p122.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Here's a recent one

_DSC0103.jpg

_DSC0108.jpg

relocated eb

here is a catch from yesterday afternoon, the bugga was under a site shed, so i had just over a foot of room to work with on my stomache, and half way under it. not easy to get a brown when your at his level, knowing he will be ten times quicher than you are.....

easternbrownbrownsplains.jpg

those last two are absolutely gorgeous!!! Elapidae... gorgeous!! snakerelocation... thats another gorgeous one :D

here is a catch from yesterday afternoon, the bugga was under a site shed, so i had just over a foot of room to work with on my stomache, and half way under it. not easy to get a brown when your at his level, knowing he will be ten times quicher than you are.....

View attachment 227746

That's an Eastern Blue, not an Eastern Brown:)! Those Logan Brownies are real stunners.

what really gives me the pipps tho, is that i get a call to hundreds of large carpet snakes a year, never have any problems being paid for removing them, then we get small vens like the easter browns and red bellies (when compared to a 12" carpet) and trying to get money out the prics is impossible, do they think we risk our life to a deadly eastern brown or taipan just for the hell of it, yeah i enjoy it no doubt, but wish they would think about what im risking... its not just as simple as putting a bandaid over the two little insignificant puncture wounds....
it realy gets me wound up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back