Every one please read this!!! (sick/dying snakes)!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mis_gmh

Reaction score
I realy wanted to start this thread to warn every one that there is a large suplier out there selling sick and worm infested snakes!!! They are mostly young ones and mainly carpets.
This person is a big seller and provides for alot of petshop in VIC but also deals with interstate as well!!!!
I am starting this thread for the best intrests of the poor animals and people.

I was currently a victim of this as i brought a young townville wich died withing 3 weeks.

The same thing happend to horseplay on here and it seems to be turning into an epidemic.

I am not starting this thread to start fights i just want to get it out there that this is happening!

kind regards
laura

P.S: RIP Mercedes!!!!

I realy wanted to start this thread to warn every one that there is a large suplier out there selling sick and worm infested snakes!!! They are mostly young ones and mainly carpets.
This person is a big seller and provides for alot of petshop in VIC but also deals with interstate as well!!!!
I am starting this thread for the best intrests of the poor animals and people.

I was currently a victim of this as i brought a young townville wich died withing 3 weeks.

The same thing happend to horseplay on here and it seems to be turning into an epidemic.

I am not starting this thread to start fights i just want to get it out there that this is happening!

kind regards
laura

P.S: RIP Mercedes!!!!

This is clearly now an epidemic.

When i posted our issue i had over 200pms from forum members who were concerned.

Many explained they had gone through this seller and had simmilar things happen.

And now another unsuspecting person in yourself and another snake that has died for no good reason.

This is trully shamefull.

10 snakes is hardly a epidemic. A large number of the snakes he sell's are not bred by him and seem to be the ones that have been infested in worms. So i would take it up with him instead of sooking on a public forum giving the store a bad name.

I think anyone who has been ripped of by this seller should contact the seller and seek compensation.

Enough is enough.

10 snakes is hardly a epidemic. A large number of the snakes he sell's are not bred by him and seem to be the ones that have been infested in worms. So i would take it up with him instead of sooking on a public forum giving the store a bad name.

Dan,

Dont be so ignorant, She is not sooking she is informing the public which is the noble things to do.

The only way to better the herp hobby is to ensure these issues when they happen are raised and people are aware of them.

And i can assure you Dan it is a lot more than 10 snakes that have died i know of at least 30 people in this forum who have either lost a snake shortly after purchase or nearly lost a snake from this seller.

Last edited:

If someone sells something they need to be held accountable for the quality of it whether it was made (or breed in the case of reptiles) by them or not.

I understand why you want to warn people about the store but the thread won't last long here.

I'm really sorry to hear that you lost your snake.

please do not say any names. All i am saying is it is getting a bit out of hand and all snakes should be wormed before sale. Dogs are so why not snakes.

Dan,

Dont be so ignorant, She is not sooking she is informing the public which is the noble things to do.

The only way to better the herp hobby is to ensure these issues when they happen are raised and people are aware of them.

Noble would be to go to the seller and ask for an explanation and refund ect instead of telling everyone how "bad" he is and that all of the snakes he is selling will die and are infested with worms.

I think you'll find a lot of people have tried dealing with this person face to face before and it's got them nowhere. Until it was posted on here....

please do not say any names. All i am saying is it is getting a bit out of hand and all snakes should be wormed before sale. Dogs are so why not snakes.

Lol, argument is a little flawed. Maybe because dogs are not snakes. I can see your point though.

Noble would be to go to the seller and ask for an explanation and refund ect instead of telling everyone how "bad" he is and that all of the snakes he is selling will die and are infested with worms.

Dan are you saying unsuspecting customers dont have a right to know before purchase about incidents such as this one?

I think its clear you are not interested in improving the herp hobby.

I am guessing you are involved with this seller in some way.

Dan are you saying unsuspecting customers dont have a right to know before purchase about incidents such as this one?

I think its clear you are not interested in improving the herp hobby.

I am guessing you are involved with this seller in some way.

Well then if the hobby needs improving then it should be compulsary to any serious buyers to have a vet check to the snake you are interested in.
I am in no way connected to this seller apart from one snake i have bought from him, which is still alive and kicking by the way touch wood.

I actually think the government should make it law that all licensed reptiles from a business come with a vet check certificate and have been wormed.

This would cut back on these types of incidents.

Glad to hear your snake is alive and kicking, sadly many of us here have not had that luxury!

I actually think the government should make it law that all licensed reptiles from a business come with a vet check certificate and have been wormed.

This would cut back on these types of incidents.

Glad to hear your snake is alive and kicking sadly many of us here have not had that luxury!

That would be good though i dont see it happening anytime soon. I personally think that it should be the buyers responsibility to get it vet checked and pay for the costs.

Why should every snake have to be vet checked if your buying from a Reputable dealer? Who should know his reptiles.You SHOULD be buying a healthy/quality animal.

What makes someone a "Reputable dealer"

The seller in question was supposed to be a Reputable dealer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back