Every one please read this!!! (sick/dying snakes)!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
maby

maybe the person in question has realized the problem now and thats why the second snake passed dead worms its really looks like he has started a worm program so that why you would get dead worms at least it seams like that

To all those members who have said this thread is ridiculous and unnecissary, because if the people who have been burned by this seller had bought animals from trusted breeders they would not have been given sick animals in the first place:

It's threads like these that help new herpers decide who is a 'trusted breeder' and who is not. Without threads like these it would not be possible for all of us to make these decisions. True, if these people had bought from a breeder with a fantastic reputation the chances of them getting a sick animal would have been greatly reduced, and it is for this exact reason that we need to hear from the people who have had bad experiences.

We need threads like these so thet there are not more threads like these in the future.

Do you honestly think an APS thread (AKA witch hunt) is some sort of substitute for reasoned investigation into alledged dodgy practices. What has so far been posted on this subject can hardly be described as reasoned and is certainly not balanced when any hint of defence of the seller leads to accusations regarding one's identity.

mites

what snake collection does have mites i know i have then in my collection from time to time you can pick them up anywhere its just like crabs they stick like glue

If someone sells something they need to be held accountable for the quality of it whether it was made (or breed in the case of reptiles) by them or not.
I agree here. Even if the seller did not cause the problem, if they have been made aware of a problem then yes it is up to them to guarantee that the animals they sell are as healthy as they can see. Fair enough worms cannot be seen from the outside, but caught early can be easily treated. So at least they could sell the animals with some assurance that they have treated them for worms and if follow up treatments are necessary they need to inform buyers so they can continue the treatment. If they did this they would find ppl would still buy their animals, knowing that bad luck can arrise but comforted by the thought that they bought something from someone who does look after the animals.

Well then if the hobby needs improving then it should be compulsary to any serious buyers to have a vet check to the snake you are interested in.
I am in no way connected to this seller apart from one snake i have bought from him, which is still alive and kicking by the way touch wood.
That would never happen. If they make it compulsory to have vet checks for snakes they would have to make it compulsory for ALL animals sold in shops which is a good idea for the animal but that would mean more cost to the shop and higher go their prices.

Dan are you saying unsuspecting customers dont have a right to know before purchase about incidents such as this one?
Customers do have the right to know about incidents. I think pet shop owners would find if they were it still would not stop their customers buying from them. I had 2 incidences with puppies in my shop but I called up buyers and let them know "I just discovered my puppies have picked up a bug.. if you require treatment go this this particular vet and I will pay for treatment." Not once did anybody ever bring back puppies for refunds. Thankfully my customers were happy with the way I handled the situation and happy to keep the animals. All my animals were wormed as soon as they came in, and I had veterinary advice that if I didn't know whether they'd already been wormed recently, it would not hurt them, to do it again. So it also pays for buyers to worm them anyway to help prevent deterioration if it can be stopped.

can say in over 7 years experience i hav never had mites or worms in my snakes, and i think thats becuase i am very picky with who i deal with.
errr.... and cant say i have ever had crabs either. thats just dirty.

its great to see how many people out there will bag a retail shop when he sells a sick animal, but thing really is that any breeder will off load there crap animals to a shop to get the money before it dies in there hands so they don't loose any off there money and i bet most people have done it, so i bet the retail shop must loose a few animals if there is people off loading there crap, or is this tall poppy syndrome must were people are just to jealous

So you endorse this behavior??? Remind me to never buy a snake from you, if you think its just part of the industry to off load poor doers, to unsuspecting shops or ppl..

If you think being upset because you paid good money for a dying animal, and to not even be given the option for cash refund, makes you jealous of this seller, you are as silly as your post infurs.

Obviously you are trying to defend someone you know, or have bought from, but really??

BTW.. This recent epidemic of unhappy customers is far from the only dodgy goings on that this guy has been involved in!

haha i'm the dealer in question!! Why dont you just start accusing everyone of being the so called dealer! Maybe Horsesrule is the dealer and just wants publicity!!

i am not the person in question, i have dealt with him for a number off year, with no probs at all and will still buy any reptile i need off him, as the service has been great and the animal have been fine,i do agree this is a witch hunt and how stupid this really is the guy he started this has said the matter has be sorted , so why is everyone up in arms over this i would the shop owner has lost animals as well and i have lost animals as well and i would say most people have lost an animals yes its not good but we all really need to move on

I am glad you have had no problems it seems you are one of the rare few.

I did not start this thread, another girl who got burned this week did, i suggest you read the first page of this thread.

good point

what a good point, that is black head you cant buy that sort off publicity

maybe the person in question has realized the problem now and thats why the second snake passed dead worms its really looks like he has started a worm program so that why you would get dead worms at least it seams like that

I took the snake to the vet and i wormed it.

It was not wormed from the store!

haha i'm the dealer in question!! Why dont you just start accusing everyone of being the so called dealer! Maybe Horsesrule is the dealer and just wants publicity!!

What can i say to such an insane comment.

IF ANYONE DOES NOT BELIEVE THIS FEEL FREE TO CONTACT THE VET WHO PERFORMED THE AUTOPSY ON THE DEAD SNAKE.

queation horse

so i take this you know how to worm a snake so what did u use and how much , so you must a few reptiles i hate worming reptiles my parrots are so much easier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back