Favourite Snakeman?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say Steve Irwin and equally his father Bob, the level of knowledge Bob has is incredible.

There are too many good ones to name the best.

However my faves are George Cann and Neville Burns because i knew/know them both, but Worrell's the man who introduced me to herps through his excellent book Reps of Aus (1966)

I also know quite a few more unknowns that are impressive too but they prefer anonymity.

Phil Grono would have to be the "coolest" snakeman I have ever seen (Note Cool does not mean trendy)
Cool in the case of a nervous taipan on a hot day at one of those Farmfest thingys.
A kid burst his balloon and everyone else jumped six feet. Phil never flinched - 110% concentration on the animal.

Samuel L Jackson for me!! ;) He really knows his stuff!! Otherwise that plane wasn't gonna land! ;)

snakes-on%20-plane-1.jpg

ahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa *breathe* hahahahahahahhahahahahhahaha
MooseNoose you are funny as, lol im being serious i havent laughed that mush in a while... thanks for the laugh.......
Steve Irwin....... and then snakeman112 but im going to go rent that movie so watch out steve irwin.... whats it called agian?

Have met quit a few of the previous named over the past 40 years that i have kept Herps.
But the one that most impressed me is Eric Worrel. A true conservationist before it became trendy, he had a true love of his profession.
Remember going to La Perouse to see the snake men back in the 60's that was a the start for me.
Aahh the good old men of the good old days;)
Paul

Steve irwin is my favourite but in my case i think he is the best and i dont realy care what any one says.

There's a few. For absolutely awesome snake handling ability, it would be a mix of Tim Nias, Nathan Dunstan and Steve Irwin. For entertainment, it is definitely Denver Kuligowski trying to handle a Coastal Taipan.

Who is your favourite snakeman? eg. Steve Irwin, Eric Worrell, John Weigel, Snakeman112, etc

Very interested to see peoples opinions on this, I would have to say someone like Rick Shine for his herp knowledge and guys like Charlie Tanner, George Cann, John Cann, Eric Worrell etc, because they really knew how to handle snakes.

I think i like snakeman112 the most!

Steve Irwin....howcome theres no snakewomen? Bindy Irwin doesnt count...

any of you guys remember Harry Butler? ... "Now this little fella here ... Argh the B@startd bit me!"

It says your favourite so its Tim all the way.
Eric was my penpal be it briefly so he is very special to me also but any handler who advanced knowledge and had respect for the animals is a favourite by me. I feel sorry for the young ones who can only go by who they have seen on the telly. It only starts with steve Irwin for them but that a fine enough starting point. They should do a bit of research though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back